Jellyfin Forum
Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe (/t-issue-with-jellyfin-plugins-and-folder-display-in-docker-containe)

Pages: 1 2

Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - ElGustago - 2024-03-13

Hello,

I am facing the following issue.

I am running Docker containers on an Ubuntu server, and one of these containers hosts my Jellyfin instance. 
Everything works smoothly without any problems.

I am using the latest Jellyfin version for Docker, specifically version 2024031105.

So far, everything is functioning as expected.

Within Jellyfin, I add additional plugins and include the paths that I had previously set.
This process works fine initially, but after restarting Jellyfin or my server, the plugins disappear. 
The data loaded for the plugins remains intact, and the folders are still present.
It seems that the plugins are not being loaded correctly.

After some research, I discovered that permissions might be the issue. 
As a test, I granted read, write, and execute permissions to all users, but this did not resolve the problem.

Additionally, I encountered a situation where some folders were no longer displayed. 
I had to manually re-add them to make them appear again.
However, the movies are still present in the directories, indicating that the paths are retained.

I have examined various logs, but I have not found any information that could lead me to a solution.

Do any of you have ideas on what I could further investigate or what might be causing this issue? 
It's worth mentioning that this problem occurs only with the Jellyfin container; other Docker containers are running without any problems.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-13

Sounds like you are using the 10.9 unstable build and not the stable 10.8.13 container. Is that intentional? A lot of plugins aren't working for 10.9 yet.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - ElGustago - 2024-04-01

(2024-03-13, 05:39 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Sounds like you are using the 10.9 unstable build and not the stable 10.8.13 container.  Is that intentional?  A lot of plugins aren't working for 10.9 yet.

I use the version:
Version: 10.8.13
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: X64

and this source:
"jellyfin/jellyfin:latest"

And the plugins work without any problems, except that after each restart of the server they are no longer in the plugins and the data is not loaded. 
Only when I install the plugins manually and restart the container does everything work as usual.
I don't know where to look anymore, maybe someone has an idea.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-01

Are the permissions in your /config directory not sufficient for Jellyfin to write data?

Can you replicate the problem then share your full jellyfin log via sourcebin or pastebin?

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - bitmap - 2024-04-02

Additional question: docker or docker-compose?

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - ElGustago - 2024-04-23

(2024-04-01, 09:34 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Are the permissions in your /config directory not sufficient for Jellyfin to write data?

Can you replicate the problem then share your full jellyfin log via sourcebin or pastebin?
I'm sorry for writing just now. I've tried to fix the issue, but unfortunately, without success. 
I've disabled plugin updates and turned off Watchtower, but it hasn't really helped.

I've granted full permissions to the config folder and read permissions to the other folders for movies and other content.

The problem has actually gotten worse. I haven't had any issues for a long time, and then suddenly it lost the paths on the NAS. I have to manually add them again, or else I can't find any files, specifically within Jellyfin. However, I have continuous access to the NAS from the server directly in Ubuntu. I'll add one log to Pastebin the other Logfile is to large for pastebin. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint where the error is occurring or what's going wrong.

Logfile:
https://pastebin.com/nP3gvBQa

And yes i am use docker compose

Docker Compose file:
https://pastebin.com/2BCxbRkx

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-23

Code:
[2024-04-23 09:02:33.151 +00:00] [ERR] [171] MediaBrowser.Providers.Folders.CollectionFolderMetadataService: Error validating images for "/config/root/default/Sci-Fi"
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/Sci-Fi'.

I don't see /Sci-Fi in your docker compose.

Other than that, I don't see any other errors in your log.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - ElGustago - 2024-04-23

(2024-04-23, 04:27 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
Code:
[2024-04-23 09:02:33.151 +00:00] [ERR] [171] MediaBrowser.Providers.Folders.CollectionFolderMetadataService: Error validating images for "/config/root/default/Sci-Fi"
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/Sci-Fi'.

I don't see /Sci-Fi in your docker compose.

Other than that, I don't see any other errors in your log.

That was my mistake; I added folders via Portainer afterwards.
I will try to reproduce the error and then send the log. Otherwise, I think it won't make much sense.
I suspect it is related to the NAS and the share. 
In my suspicion, Jellyfin loses the paths and thus loses the assignment.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - ElGustago - 2024-04-25

https://pastebin.com/QmCTtrfb

Here's what might be happening: bif files are being created with Jellyscrub higher up.
Then, at 21:32, I restart the server for updates.

After that, the server reboots and all plugins are deleted, almost as if it's resetting Jellyfin repeatedly.
I'm considering trying to install Jellyfin directly on the Ubuntu server without Docker.
Thanks for your help.

RE: Issue with Jellyfin Plugins and Folder Display in Docker Containe - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-25

Just looked over your docker compose again. It is NOT required that you create a separate volume just for plugins, they would go in /config.