Jellyfin Forum
Update metadata of video files? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Update metadata of video files? (/t-update-metadata-of-video-files)

Update metadata of video files? - crazydrve - 2024-03-14

Hi,

I am curious what people use to edit the meta data of video files, and specifically batch, mass etc. of hundreds of files.

I tried mediamonkey but its library system is messy or something not right.

I have verified I have full read/write and admin access to the files.

Thank you.

RE: Update metadata of video files? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-14

Tiny Media Manager? Sonarr/Radarr? ffmpeg? MKVToolNix?

RE: Update metadata of video files? - crazydrve - 2024-03-14

(2024-03-14, 10:56 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Tiny Media Manager?  Sonarr/Radarr?  ffmpeg?  MKVToolNix?

Hey thanks, before I saw your post I did find out about MKVToolNix, but didnt know about Tiny Media Manager.

One main thing I found is I cant edit the mkv files. I found that out in another forum. I am slowly converting all mine to mp4, but it takes forever.

Thanks again.

RE: Update metadata of video files? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-14

What exactly are you trying to do? What metadata do you need to mass modify?

RE: Update metadata of video files? - crazydrve - 2024-03-15

(2024-03-14, 11:52 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What exactly are you trying to do?  What metadata do you need to mass modify?

Well the issue is the titles show the file names, ie...

Avengers.Endgame.2019.2160p.BluRay.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos

And I have been trying to change them to only the title, like Avengers Endgame.

And this has happens with all files, I was able to fix .mp4 files, but it wont change mkv files.

so ive been trying to convert my files to mp4 but I also like mkv for some.

RE: Update metadata of video files? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-15

ffmpeg can change the titles of the track regardless of container.

But why does the title matter? Is it failing to identify? Or are you preferring to use the title or something? Just trying to get a better idea of what the root problem is and perhaps find a better solution.

(2024-03-15, 07:10 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: ffmpeg can change the titles of the track regardless of container.

But why does the title matter?  Is it failing to identify?  Or are you preferring to use the title or something?  Just trying to get a better idea of what the root problem is and perhaps find a better solution.

so far I havent found a good ffmpeg gui, and I am still learning how to be good at cmd stuff.

I am probably being weird here but I just want to clean it up per se. I guess it doesn't matter but its a organizational thing. lol

(2024-03-15, 09:51 PM)crazydrve Wrote:
(2024-03-15, 07:10 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: ffmpeg can change the titles of the track regardless of container.

But why does the title matter?  Is it failing to identify?  Or are you preferring to use the title or something?  Just trying to get a better idea of what the root problem is and perhaps find a better solution.

so far I havent found a good ffmpeg gui, and I am still learning how to be good at cmd stuff.

I am probably being weird here but I just want to clean it up per se. I guess it doesn't matter but its a organizational thing. lol

One thing I noticed is Tiny media manager doesnt seem to see the title area that media monkey does