Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login (/t-jellyfin-10-9-unstable-no-ldap-login)

Pages: 1 2

Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - pixel24 - 2024-03-15

Hello everyone,

We have a Univention server here (UCS 5.0.7) configured as ADS, providing users/groups. My JF 10.8.13 is connected to it, and LDAP user login works. Now, I've installed a test VM with Debian 12.5 and JF 10.9-unstable. However, LDAP login doesn't work anymore. I configured the LDAP connection in 10.9 as follows, and all tests in the plugin configuration return correct values.

Code:
LDAP Server:                    srv01.lan.example.de
LDAP Port:                      7636
Secure LDAP:                    [x]
StartTLS:                      [ ]

Skip SSL/TLS Verification:      [x]
Allow Password Change:          [ ]

LDAP Bind User:                uid=ldapbind,cn=users,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de
LDAP Bind User Password:        secret

LDAP Base DN for searches:      dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de

-> Save und test LDAP-Server-Settings -> Connect (Success); Bind (Success); Base Search (Found 873 Entities)

LDAP Search Filter:            (memberOf=cn=JellyfinUsers,cn=groups,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de)
LDAP Search Attributes:        uid, cn, mail, displayName
LDAP Uid Attribute:            uid
LDAP Username Attribute:        uid
LDAP Password Attribute:        userPassword
LDAP Admin Base DN:            (cn=Administrators,cn=Builtin,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de)
LDAP Admin Filter:              (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(|(memberOf=cn=Domain Admins,cn=groups,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de)(memberOf=cn=Administrators,cn=Builtin,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de)))
Enable Admin Filter 'memberUid' mode: [x]

-> Test and save LDAP-Filter-Settings -> Found 4 user(s), 2 admin(s), Warning: Not all Admins are Users

Test Login Name:                s.example

-> Sace Search Attribute Settings and Query User -> Found user: uid=s.example,cn=users,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de

Enable User Creation:          [x]

Zugriff auf alle Bibliotheken zulassen:    [ ]

Unfortunately, the Jellyfin log file provides little insight into the reasons for the failure:
Code:
[2024-03-15 10:27:21.507 +01:00] [INF] Authentication request for "s.example" has been denied (IP: "192.168.83.141").

[2024-03-15 10:27:21.510 +01:00] [ERR] Error processing request: "Invalid username or password entered". URL "POST" "/Users/authenticatebyname".

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - sjorge - 2024-03-15

I'm pretty sure none of the plugins are build for 10.9-unstable. And LDAP Auth is a plugin.

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - pixel24 - 2024-03-15

Hm, okay. Since the configuration within the LDAP plugin significantly deviates from the version for 10.8.x, I thought the plugin had already been adapted.
Where can I report the error?
A manual LDAPSEARCH on the Debian machine where Jellyfin is running with the same binding data correctly returns the users of the JellyfinUsers group:

Code:
ldapsearch -D "uid=ldapbind,cn=users,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de" -W -H ldap://srv01.lan.example.de:7389 -b "cn=users,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de" "(&(objectClass=*)(memberOf=cn=JellyfinUsers,cn=groups,dc=lan,dc=example,dc=de))"

So, the configuration is correct. This also aligns with all three test functions in the plugin delivering correct values.

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - crobibero - 2024-03-15

There is no need to report. Plugins are not supported for prerelease versions of Jellyfin.

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - pixel24 - 2024-03-15

Sure, thank you. Since it's a test environment that will be deleted once the final version 10.9 is released, I'll create the users locally to test Jellyfin itself.

But how do plugin developers manage to have their plugins working until the release of Jellyfin 10.9?

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - pixel24 - 2024-03-28

Good news. With the Plug-In-Unstable-Repo, the integration with my LDAP/Kerberos/Samba - ADS (Univention) is working again. I'll run a few more tests here, but it looks promising. Thanks!

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - Duvel - 2024-05-01

(only belgians and germans here Grinning-face )

Got the same issue.
I suppose that to get the unstable ldap pluggin you should manually add a new repository ???

(2024-03-15, 12:04 PM)crobibero Wrote: There is no need to report. Plugins are not supported for prerelease versions of Jellyfin.
I just dont understand your stance... why shouldn't we report a plugin issue.
I mean, there are totally accessory plugins, and totally NEEDED plugins for some installs.
IE all people relying on an ldap directory for their user management absolutely need the ldap pluggin to work and if it doesnt it means that Jellyfin is broken for them on 10.9 stable release.

And btw, if you consider that plugins are somewhat not important, then LDAP and OpenID shouldn't be a pluggin but bundled into the core  because they are essential components for large installations offering various services to dozens of users

*to delete* double post

RE: Jellyfin 10.9-unstable: No LDAP Login - crobibero - 2024-05-01

This was announced in multiple places.

https://jellyfin.org/posts/testing-10.9.0

ok but that's not a reason to tell us that we shouldnt report this !
At least this forum thread helped me to find what my issue was so I am glad it is here