Jellyfin Forum
Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-discussion)
+--- Thread: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! (/t-finamp-thanks-for-1000-github-stars--504)

Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - jmshrv - 2023-07-29

Finamp hit 1000 stars today, thought I'd say thanks, as I did for 400 (RIP r/jellyfin).

I started development on Finamp nearly three years ago, it's still amazing to think that a random project I started at 17 would become a real app that people use. I've learnt so much over the years (the early code quality is starting to show...), and I hope to continue working on Finamp for as long as I can.

Thanks for using Finamp, and thanks for being a great community :D

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - anthonylavado - 2023-07-29

I love Finamp and use it daily. Thank you for making it!

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - Host-in-the-Shell - 2023-07-30

Finamp is absolutely fantastic and one of my go to apps every single day. Please continue this wonderful work.

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - 5197799 - 2023-07-31

Finamp is an awesome piece of software. I would use way more if it had Android Auto integration.

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - Kara-Zor-El - 2023-08-07

Little bit late here but wanted to congratulate you.

As a Jellyfin client developer who also works in Dart/Flutter, you and your project have been quite a inspiration for me when creating JellyBook.

Keep up the amazing work Smiling-face

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - 34626 - 2023-08-16

Thank you for a great music player for Jellyfin Smiling-face

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - archon - 2023-08-21

Thank you for your work and allowing us to use it free! You have some IMO essential features no one else seems interested in implementing.

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - Revv23 - 2023-08-21

Nice !

Trying it right now. Smiling-face

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - debug - 2023-08-21

First - big thank you.

I do have to admit, I complained on r/jellyfin a few months back about Finamp's inability to correctly download files, shuffle songs that always started in the same order and also I had issues where I clicked on a song and something totally different played instead (or nothing played).

It has been a couple of weeks since I pulled up Finamp and I just tested all of the above with the latest release. I am happy to report that it now works really well!

I use the offline mode quite a lot that other devs tend to de-prioritize and this was one of the key features for me.

Again, thank you for all the great work and congrats on making it to the big wigs as far as the Github stars go Smiling-face

Edit: next up is hopefully an ability to cast a playlist to Google / Apple smart speakers. Do Google first Winking-face

RE: Finamp - Thanks for 1000 GitHub Stars! - SlimCharles704 - 2023-09-24

Just learned about this app today and oh my god.... You just killed Plexamp. Thank you so much for this app!!!!