Jellyfin Forum
Testing 10.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: Testing 10.9.0 (/t-testing-10-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Testing 10.9.0 - joshuaboniface - 2024-03-27

https://jellyfin.org/posts/testing-10.9.0

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - crobibero - 2024-03-27

nice.

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - Fate - 2024-03-27

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing! Lots of awesome improvements!

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - Serge K - 2024-03-27

Thanks a lot!!!! Good job!!!
question regarding FFMPEG: as I understood ffmpeg is planned to embed to jellyfin (if I right) but here it still the old setting

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - pixel24 - 2024-03-27

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update. I'd like to assist in testing Jellyfin and have set up a test environment for this purpose.

Since I primarily work with music and playlists, it would be helpful if I could transfer them from version 10.8.13 to 10.9. Creating them all anew would be very time-consuming.

I also have a general question about testing. Should we test with the official Android app as well, or only through the web interface?

with best

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-27

(2024-03-27, 04:54 PM)pixel24 Wrote: Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update. I'd like to assist in testing Jellyfin and have set up a test environment for this purpose.

Since I primarily work with music and playlists, it would be helpful if I could transfer them from version 10.8.13 to 10.9. Creating them all anew would be very time-consuming.

I also have a general question about testing. Should we test with the official Android app as well, or only through the web interface?

with best

Depends on your install type.  If your stable Jellyfin instance is docker, you could simply duplicate your stable instance and change the image pulled to unstable.  It will upgrade that copy with all your playlists and libraries intact.

Also, why not test both?

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - rigrig - 2024-03-27

Nice!

Is there a changelog available? I couldn't find one, so I figured it'll come with the actual release, but asking in case I simply missed it ;-)

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-27

(2024-03-27, 03:13 PM)Serge K Wrote: Thanks a lot!!!! Good job!!!
question regarding FFMPEG: as I understood ffmpeg is planned to embed to jellyfin (if I right) but here it still the old setting

Jellyfin-ffmpeg has always been bundled in the image.  Are you referencing the version still being 5.1.4 or something?

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - pixel24 - 2024-03-27

(2024-03-27, 05:05 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Depends on your install type.  If your stable Jellyfin instance is docker, you could simply duplicate your stable instance and change the image pulled to unstable.  It will upgrade that copy with all your playlists and libraries intact.

Also, why not test both?

No, I don't use Docker. I've set up a machine (VM in Proxmox) completely fresh with Debian 12.5 and directly installed Jellyfin-Unstable on it.
My stable version is running on a different VM with Ubuntu 23.04.

RE: Testing 10.9.0 - gnattu - 2024-03-27

(2024-03-27, 03:13 PM)Serge K Wrote: Thanks a lot!!!! Good job!!!

The first unstable build does not incorporate the new ffmpeg settings, as the code has not been merged yet. Therefore, you are still able to set ffmpeg path in the web UI, and Jellyfin will use that setting. This will change as soon as in the next weekly build, and no later than the official stable version 10.9.

From version 10.9 onwards, the ffmpeg path will no longer be set through the web UI, and the ffmpeg path field in the web UI will become read-only. Instead, Jellyfin will prioritize the --ffmpeg CLI parameter. If the --ffmpeg CLI parameter is set, the value in the config file will have no effect. Most of our packaging methods already utilize this CLI parameter to locate ffmpeg.