Jellyfin Forum
Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) (/t-correct-image-on-the-web-browser-intel-n100)

Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - ski007 - 2024-03-29

I'm a beginner in the Jellyfin program and I have a question for more advanced users.
For now, I'm using Jellyfin in my home network LAN and I have a problem with the correct display of the image in the web browser... i.e. if I use the program: Jellyfin MediaPlayer without transcoding it is OK (CPU 90% usage) but in the settings I select the option: VAAPI hardware acceleration (my Intel N100 processor) the playback is quite smooth and the CPU is around 20-30%, but the colors are very bland, unacceptable to me :-(
Can someone tell me how to set it correctly? If I change the tone option, one of the CPU cores always reaches 100% and the image cuts out...
or the changes do not change anything in the picture for the better?

RE: Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-29

Sounds like you didn't turn on tone mapping. What OS are you on and how did you install it? If you are running Linux and installed directly on Linux (not with Docker) you will need to make sure you installed Intel's OpenCL packages.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/hardware-acceleration/intel/#configure-on-linux-host

RE: Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - ski007 - 2024-03-30

Thank you for the link to the tutorial ...... I have read and followed all the tips. It seems that everything is OK now. But there are some problems only with video streaming via web browsers. Everything works perfectly in Jellyfin Media Player!!!
In browsers, and I checked several, it is similar: Firefox / Google-chrome / Floorp Web Browser, etc., i.e. the processor, or exactly one core, is always 100% :-) Intel N100 has 4 cores, so the rest work OK, about 5-10% for a movie HEVC codec / Resolution 3840x2160 / Bit depth 10 bit / Video range HDR / audio AC3 / .mkv
And movies played in 1080p H264 SDR / H264 codec cause the CPU to drop from 20 to 40%?
Where to look for such a reason? ... web browsers? maybe it's the fault of specific video embedded text files?

RE: Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-30

If it is just one core that is pegged, that is likely audio transcoding which only happens on the CPU. Audio transcoding is single threaded.

There is a "Playback info" menu in the Jellyfin web player that will tell you how the video is being played, transcode vs direct play, and what is being transcoded.

Thanks for the tip, I will look for a workaround, maybe convert the audio to another format.
Lellyfin Media Player works very well on PC, so there's no point in looking for reasons in web browsers... but the problem remains, unfortunately, also on Android, i.e. popular mobile phones.
regards!

RE: Correct image on the web browser (Intel N100) - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-30

(2024-03-30, 07:45 PM)ski007 Wrote: Thanks for the tip, I will look for a workaround, maybe convert the audio to another format.
Lellyfin Media Player works very well on PC, so there's no point in looking for reasons in web browsers... but the problem remains, unfortunately, also on Android, i.e. popular mobile phones.
regards!

In the android app, go to client settings and make sure you are using "integrated player" instead of "web player".  Our android app currently defaults to web player, but will default to integrated in a future release.

@TheDreadPirate that was it ! thanks a lot now Jellyfin works like a dream... CPU in all videos only reaches 2 to 10% WOW great :-)