Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage (/t-solved-not-being-able-to-delete-media-or-relocate-transcode-folder-to-nas-storage)

Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage - Diaxpel - 2024-03-30

I'm running Jellyfin as a LXC container (installed via tteck's script) in Proxmox, alongside a TrueNAS Scale VM. To mount the NAS storage to Jellyfin, I used autofs with SMB share.

I first create a group on the LXC using this:
Code:
groupadd -g 10000 lxc_shares
and
Code:
usermod -aG lxc_shares jellyfin

Then, go to 
Code:
nano /etc/auto.nfs
and enter this:
Code:
truenas-jelly  -fstype=cifs,rw,uid=100000,gid=110000,username=username,password=password ://192.168.31.201/jellyfin-media

Lastly, save the file and use 
Code:
service autofs reload
to refresh.

When login as root or even jellyfin as a user, I can easily delete or add files through the shell.

However, I can't seem to the same task when I use the web UI. Furthermore, relocating the transcode folder to the NAS results in Jellyfin not being able to play the video. I've checked the log and it said "permissions denied" after attempting to create a .ts file.

Please help me as I'm a newbie to this field. I may have misconfigure something that is way out of my knowledge.

RE: Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage - TheDreadPirate - 2024-03-30

What are the permissions on the destination folder? Do they have WRITE permissions or only read+execute?

RE: Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage - Diaxpel - 2024-03-31

Here are the permissions after typing
Code:
ls -l

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lxc_shares 0 Mar 22 19:40  Anime
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lxc_shares 0 Mar 30 20:27  Movies
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lxc_shares 0 Mar 27 19:27 'TV Shows'
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lxc_shares 0 Mar 31 10:09  temp
drwxr-xr-x 2 root lxc_shares 0 Mar 29 19:51  transcode

user jellyfin is already in group lxc_shares

Code:
root@jellyfin:/mnt/jellyfin# getent group lxc_shares

lxc_shares:x:10000:jellyfin

RE: Not being able to delete media or relocate transcode folder to NAS storage - Diaxpel - 2024-03-31

Ok, I just fixed it. It is definitely because of the "lxc_shares" group not having write permissions. I went to /etc/auto.nfs to fix the permissiong by adding file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 and removing rw in this line:

Code:
truenas-jelly  -fstype=cifs,rw,uid=100000,gid=110000,username=username,password=password ://192.168.31.201/jellyfin-media

It will look somthing like this:

Code:
truenas-jelly  -fstype=cifs,uid=100000,gid=110000,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,username=username,password=password ://192.168.31.201/jellyfin-media

Remember to reboot the host after saving the changes.