Jellyfin Forum
Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve (/t-duplicate-seasons-in-specific-library-not-sure-how-to-resolve)

Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - gaming09 - 2024-04-04

Not sure whats going on or when this started but all the seasons in this particular library seem to be duplicated. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, in the meta data looks like the difference is the folder, they both play the same files and there arent duplicates of the files.

[Image: BrwPmBp.png]

[Image: N7HWCfL.png]

[Image: lmuF7vO.png]

[Image: rQK0IFI]

[Image: zLtzs6P.png]

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-04

Can you click into one of the duplicate seasons and for one of the episodes look at the media info? That will display the path of the file.

Or is this some sort of auto collection type behavior? I recall there is a setting for this in the library settings.

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - jjdc66 - 2024-05-18

(Sorry for my English)
A few days ago my system crashed and I had to reinstall it.
When reinstalling it, update the system version to KUbuntu 24.04 and Jellyfin to 10.9.1.
After mounting the data disks, setting permissions, and stopping jellyfin, I linked the /var/lib/jellyfin, /var/log/jellyfin, and /var/cache/jellyfin folders to where they were on the external disks, and started again jellyfin service.
I had it configured to use "Nfo" in the libraries and that remained the same after the service restarted.
It took him a while to respond (about 50 minutes) and when he did it seemed like he had everything back. But after a while I realized that I had duplicated seasons in almost all the series in a similar way to what happens to "gaming09".

In my case "Temporada 1" does not have a text box with the route in the season metadata, while T1 does.
I have looked at the chapter route and for both "seasons" it shows the same route:

/home/multimedia-library/videos/Anime/series/Sousou no Frieren/T1/Sousou no Frieren-S01E01.jp.mp4

I can't find the "auto collection type behavior" option you mentioned. I have seen in Server->Libreries->Display I have seen an option "Group films into collections" that is unchecked; But I don't know if that's what you mean.

Any idea what I have to do so that duplicate seasons don't appear?

Thanks in advance.
Joaquin

EDIT: I have corrected the path, the folder ".../S1/..." was wrong, the correct one was ".../T1/...", the translator.

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-18

IIRC, there was a fix for this in 10.9.2. Try upgrading to .2 and report back.

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - jjdc66 - 2024-05-19

Hello.
I have tried updating the version of Jellyfin.

sudo service jellyfin stop
sudo apt update
sudo apt install jellyfin
sudo service jellyfin start

After that, the dashboard already said version 10.9.2.
Despite updating, duplicate seasons continued to appear.

I have given to

Refresh metadata->Replace all metadata

To the series, and the same thing continued.

To try, I changed the name of the season folder from T1 to "Seasson 01", I refreshed the metadata of the series again and only one season has been released. I tried with "S01" and it also worked, but with "T01" or "T1" the season came out twice again.

I don't know if it's a change related to version 10.9 or something in the configuration that I've lost, any ideas?

If there is no other choice, I will gradually change the names of the seasons ("T1"->"S01"...) of the entire library (there are many, I like to collect the series). I'll have to see what I do to avoid losing the metadata I have in some of the nfo.

All the best
Joaquin

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-19

Didn't realize you were naming your files and folders that way. Yes. Jellyfin is strict with its naming. "Season 01" and file names with s01e01, etc.

RE: Duplicate seasons in specific library not sure how to resolve - jjdc66 - 2024-05-19

I have been using Jellyfin for a few years and until now I have had no problems with the name of the season folder in more than 600 series that I have in the library.
It was when I updated to version 10.9 that it happened.
If it is not that I have lost something in the configuration, it will be that something has been changed in the code. It's a shame they caused such a huge loss of backwards compatibility.

I will rename the folders little by little.

Thank you.
Joaquin