Jellyfin Forum
Missing server to missing user - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Missing server to missing user (/t-missing-server-to-missing-user)

Missing server to missing user - ShawnGuy - 2023-07-31

I'm an extreme noob to all this, so apologies in advance- try to dumb down responses, if you can.

Had Jellyfin running on Windows 10 for a few months now, no issues. Took a trip and wanted to use it away from home, didn't have much time so opted for the quick and easy option of Cloudflare tunneling- I do understand this is not safe, but it got the job done for that short period. 

When I got back Jellyfin would not start, and would automatically close after a few seconds. I reinstalled a few times to no avail. The logs indicated a disk error- "Error while starting server. IOError: SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: disk I/O error"

I had read somewhere to wipe the config folder and try again, and this had some effect of keeping the server running. However, opening Jellyfin would redirect to a blank IP of 0.0.0.0:8096. Which led me down a rabbithole of assuming Cloudflare was using the Jellyfin address as I had ran it again for a daytrip while the server was down, unknowingly. I did some more uninstalling and reinstalling until suddenly it works on the correct address now.

Although, it wants me to create a new account. I have no clue where my account data would be stored, but I'd hate to have to start over after fine tuning the server to my liking. I saved the old config folder and pasted it back in but this changed nothing. If I back out of the new account wizard it seems like my "old" server still exists, but clicking on it gives me this message- "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again." The handful of times I got past this, it would not let me login and the log states that the user does not exist. 

Is it possible to get that old server back? Is Cloudflare still somehow interfering? I don't know how to shut it down if it is, I followed the instructions on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ZGZ_cVdM

This whole thing has been super confusing for me and I'm hoping my old settings still exist. It's not the end of the world to start over, but again it would be a pain since my old server seems to still exist, somewhere.

RE: Missing server to missing user - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-01

I seriously doubt it is related to cloud flare. A lot of people have had issues with running jellyfin on Windows for the last couple weeks. I have no way to confirm this, but I suspect that this month's windows update broke something. The way a lot of people resolved this is to go into the Jellyfin Program Files folder and set the jellyfin executable to always run as admin. Or right click on it and run as admin.

All your databases, config, and cache should have been in C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin. I've never tried this (on Windows or Linux), but it should have been as simple as restoring that directory.

RE: Missing server to missing user - ShawnGuy - 2023-08-01

(2023-08-01, 02:49 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: I seriously doubt it is related to cloud flare.  A lot of people have had issues with running jellyfin on Windows for the last couple weeks.  I have no way to confirm this, but I suspect that this month's windows update broke something.  The way a lot of people resolved this is to go into the Jellyfin Program Files folder and set the jellyfin executable to always run as admin.  Or right click on it and run as admin.

All your databases, config, and cache should have been in C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin.  I've never tried this (on Windows or Linux), but it should have been as simple as restoring that directory.

Appreciate the response. I further complicated things by having Jellyfin run off of an external hard drive, which has created some interesting results. I believe I sort of have two servers, one running off of the C drive and another on the hard drive, yet Jellyfin is not installed on the C drive- despite there being some remnants of files there. Running the executable shows multiple errors, the biggest one being an incorrect port bind of the blank IP. It's also pulling from both the hard drive and C drive for data.

I copied the old config file into the C drive and the executable no longer shows errors, but I still don't have my old profile. I think somewhere along the way I managed to delete those files, as unfortunate as it is. I've tried directing it to the files in both drives but I get the same result each time. It's possible that the data is still there, and I'll keep messing around with it, but I guess as long as it's running...

RE: Missing server to missing user - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-01

Good to hear it is running again. For the profile issue, try clearing your browser cache? Only for jellyfin so it doesn't log you out of everything. Some people have had success when profiles were missing or deleted profile sticking around due to browser caching.

RE: Missing server to missing user - ShawnGuy - 2023-08-02

Cleared the cache to no avail. I went ahead and just made another profile, looks to be back to where I had it. Not sure if I'm missing any settings but I suppose they'll find me while I'm using it. I've also made a copy in case this happens again. Thanks again for the help!