Jellyfin Forum
Docker initial install unable to connect - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Docker initial install unable to connect (/t-docker-initial-install-unable-to-connect)

Docker initial install unable to connect - vaal - 2024-04-14

Hi,

I started Jellyfin via docker compose today. I went through the setup wizard, created a user, logged in.
I could browse the jellyfin UI. But it was extremely slow because it was indexing tons of my media.
So I decided to start over, but without the media. Basically I'm interested in the live TV functionality.

So I removed the config and cache directories. Did a docker compose down -v and assumed I would be starting from scratch again.

But now I can see the docker container and jellyfin starts correctly. But when I go to nas:8096 I am not getting a login prompt, but I am getting an option to connect to a server.
There's one server in the list called "NAS". When I choose to connect to it, I get the error connection failed.

Is there some leftover from the first install? I tried multiple times to remove config and cache folders, but keep stuck at this server selection screen.

There are no errors in the jellyfin console log. No errors in browser console.

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

After a while I see an error in the log, but I think this is about jellyfin trying to connect to my reciever.

Code:
jellyfin  | [17:53:44] [ERR] [42] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error creating PlayTo device.
jellyfin  | System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No route to host (192.168.1.240:37904)
jellyfin  |  ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (113): No route to host
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.<ConnectAsync>g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|277_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
jellyfin  |    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.GetDataAsync(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.CreateuPnpDeviceAsync(Uri url, IHttpClientFactory httpClientFactory, ILogger logger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.AddDevice(UpnpDeviceInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
jellyfin  |    at Emby.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.OnDeviceDiscoveryDeviceDiscovered(Object sender, GenericEventArgs`1 e)

So looks like I had to clean my browser storage to fix this. A bit weird?

Before the storage cleanup I tried adding a new server, but that failed as well.

So if you don't know about browser sessions/storage, you're stuck.