Jellyfin Forum
Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library (/t-music-videos-not-showing-up-as-folders-and-only-showing-1-music-video-in-library)

Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - nothingveryobvious - 2024-04-16

Hello. I have a music videos library and for some reason some of them show up as folders (artists) and some of them do not. Some of them only show up as 1 music video, and I can't access the rest of them. This happens on the Jellyfin Web UI, the Jellyfin AndroidTV app, and Jellyfin-Kodi. This does not happen for all artists, as seen below.

In the screenshot below, the number in a blue circle shows the correct number of music videos in that folder, if there were a folder, but it's only showing 1 music video. 

I have tried removing these folders from Jellyfin, scanning the library, putting them back, then scanning again, and I get the same result.

[Image: NmcFqbe.jpg]

I am using Jellyfin 10.8.13 via Docker Desktop for Mac 4.29.0.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-16

I'll do some testing with my Music Videos when I get home.

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - nothingveryobvious - 2024-04-16

@TheDreadPirate

Thanks!

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-16

Can you provide examples of how the folders and files are organized and named? One example of something that is organized as a folder in the UI and one that isn't.

I wasn't able to reproduce with some of the layouts I tried.

Also, do you have any plugins installed and enabled? IMVDB?

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - nothingveryobvious - 2024-04-17

@TheDreadPirate

Thanks for testing this out. The folder structure is the same.

Code:
Music Videos
  Artist with folder in UI
    - music-video-1
    - music-video-2
  Artist without folder in UI
    - music-video-1
    - music-video-2

I have no metadata downloaders enabled, but have image downloaders enabled:
Code:
- Embedded Image Extractor
- IMVDB
- Fanart
- Screen Grabber

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-17

Which docker image are you using? jellyfin/jellyfin or lsio/jellyfin?

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - nothingveryobvious - 2024-04-17

(2024-04-17, 01:07 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Which docker image are you using?  jellyfin/jellyfin or lsio/jellyfin?

@TheDreadPirate

lsio/jellyfin

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-18

I ask because even though the LSIO image is supposed to be an Ubuntu wrapper of the official image, it has some quirks and doesn't behave exactly the same as the official image (what I was testing on the first time).

I have a test instance of the LSIO image and still wasn't able to replicate the problem. =(

RE: Music videos not showing up as folders and only showing 1 music video in library - nothingveryobvious - 2024-04-18

@TheDreadPirate

Thank you for following up and testing on the LSIO image. I'll just do some trial & error and see what works out. Hopefully I come back with an answer. Thanks!

Also open to other people responding with possible solutions Smiling-face