Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Already deleted season folders are still showing up (/t-solved-already-deleted-season-folders-are-still-showing-up)

Pages: 1 2

Already deleted season folders are still showing up - BoneyWankKenobi - 2024-04-22

Hello guys,
I have a folder for my series which contains only two different series. One of them is One Piece and inside of the One Piece library I have different season folders. I created new season folders with different names and deleted the old folders with the names "Season 1, Season 2, Season 3" etc. but somehow they still show up. Now I have the new folders and the old folders inside of my One Piece library. I tried to find the metadata file which links the info to the old folder but I can't find anything. Is this a common problem and does anybody know how to fix it? I already reinstalled Jellyfin but that doesn't work. The folders are deleted in the filesystem. The metadata of the media inside the deleted folders is linked to the new folders.

Screenshot attached shows the folders in the red rectangle which are the old deleted folders and the folders in the green rectangle are the new ones
Screenshot attached shows folders in my filesystem

Thanks in advance!

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-22

Do you have NFOs in your folders?

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - BoneyWankKenobi - 2024-04-22

(2024-04-22, 05:43 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Do you have NFOs in your folders?

I checked the NFO option yesterday, yes.

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-23

Did you enable NFO saver before you renamed your folders? When you renamed your folders did you simply update or did you "replace all metadata"?

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - BoneyWankKenobi - 2024-04-23

I enabled NFO saver after I deleted the old folders and after I created the new ones. I did a replace all metadata including photos. Also creating a new library won't help and the old folders will still appear. Same with completely deleting my Jellyfin container and creating it again.

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - TheDreadPirate - 2024-04-23

Did you configure Jellyfin to use story arc ordering for One Piece?

Click on "..." for One Piece and click "Edit Metadata". About halfway down is "Display Order". Change that to story arc.

RE: Already deleted season folders are still showing up - BoneyWankKenobi - 2024-04-23

I just changed it as you suggested and did a full scan again. It didn't change anything. Same folders still appear.

Can you try renaming the folders back to "season 01" and so on?  I can't remember if it is required, but I noticed that in TMDB that even when you are looking at the story arc/sage ordering that there are still markers indicating season and episode numbers.

Also, can you provide FILE name examples?

I can try that, but do I need to put all episodes in the correct folders also? Or is it enough to create the folders and leave them empty? Since my new folder structure only has 9 folders and the old one has 20. I don't have TMDB enabled for all metadata, I don't know if that is required.

Your season number/episode number scheme does not conform to our docs

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/shows/

Particularly the "13x025" part. Should be s13e025. Additionally, you need to make sure the numbers match what is in your metadata source. For example, in the screenshot I shared in my last post you will notice that first episode of sage 2/"season 2" is 62. It is using both season numbers with absolute episode numbers.