Jellyfin Forum
Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade (/t-old-playlists-not-available-since-10-9-upgrade)

Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - mscroggi - 2024-05-12

I know 10.9 delivered a change to the way playlists are managed..  No problem there.  but I have an issue that I think might actually be a bug.

I moved jellyfin to a new server not long ago..   I was able to copy the playlist.xml files to the new server and get all my playlists back in order. 

I had about 12 playlists before updating to 10.9.   After the update.. only two were visible. These two were the ones that were created after the server was moved.

I created a new playlist and it created fine and displays as it should.     I compared the xml generated for the new playlist to one of the old ones that will not display and the only thing I can see is the OwnerUserId field is different..    

I shutdown the server, copied the value from the new list and updated an old one with the same value.. and restarted the server, scanfiles etc.   no luck.   looking at the xml.. it has been set back to what it was previously..    hmmm..

As another test.. I was able to copy all the PlaylistItems from the old list into the new xml and they all showed up in the new list..

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the old playlists accessible by all users or at least the same one user?  (I only use one user)

The user in the server does have all the privileges.

Is there  a postgres backend I can tweak?  Is there something I missed in the configs ?

I can create new playlists and modify each with the track lists from the old ones that won't display..  but I wanted to see if there is a better way.

Any info is appreciated.

I am running Jellyfin 10.9.0 on Debian 12

Thanks in advance!

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-13

AFAIK, existing playlists should have been made global as they already were. I'll get back to you. Asking around about host Jellyfin tracks playlist ownership now.

And Jellyfin uses sqlite.

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - mscroggi - 2024-05-14

It gets even a little more odd..  I created new playlists with one item in them.. then copied and pasted the playlist items from the playlist xmls that stopped showing-  I didn't change anything other than adding to the list of playlist items - 

<PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/plexbox/AUDIO/Music/Pop-Rock/Van Morrison-Days Like This/01 Perfect Fit.mp3</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/plexbox/AUDIO/Music/Blues/Delta_Moon-Howlin/06_howlin_low_country_boil.mp3</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/plexbox/AUDIO/Music/Blues/Putumayo Presents_ Zydeco/01 Creole Farmers Stomp.mp3</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>

This got all the lost playlists back ..

but -

Today I got a notice of a jellyfin update to 10.9.1  (from 10.9.0) 
I did the update.. and now all the playlist xmls are empty -

root@plexboxConfused-facevar/lib/jellyfin/data/playlists/x1-pool# cat playlist.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <Added>05/12/2024 05:04:26</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <LocalTitle>x1-pool</LocalTitle>
  <RunningTime>0</RunningTime>
  <OwnerUserId>f2c44c353ea84bf58444872c3893ca3e</OwnerUserId>
  <Shares />
  <PlaylistMediaType>Audio</PlaylistMediaType>
</Item>

Wow!

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - pixel24 - 2024-05-15

It would be really nice if Jellyfin eventually had a simple export/import function for playlists. Copying folders/files always leads to strange effects.

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - svein39 - 2024-05-15

Same here.
The files are there, but no user can see them

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - mscroggi - 2024-05-18

There was an update to 10.9.2 today..

In the changelog were mentions of playlist handling. I instantly installed the update to see if my playlists would survive.

I am happy to say, after the update.. all my playlists are there! Whooohooo!

Fantastic! Kudos to the developers who work on Jellyfin.. It is a fabulous product that I use constantly.

Life is gooood!!! :-)

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - DitchPickle24 - 2024-05-19

I'm still struggling with the playlists.  I've tried creating a new playlist with 1 song in 10.9.2 and copying all the tracks from an existing playlist xml file.  The image updates, but I still only see 1 song.  maybe playlists are stored somewhere besides the playlists folder?

I found a record in the TypedBaseItems table in the library.db, however, after adding a 2nd image through the UI, the xml file updated, but the column in the table did not.  it still only lists the 1st song I added to the playlist.

I think I got a playlist to update.  it appears that you need to select refresh metadata as "Replace all metadata" of the playlist after you update the xml file and the songs appear on the list in the UI.

The next time you shutdown(restart) the jellyfin server, the changes are written to the TypedBaseItems table.

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - svein39 - 2024-05-19

No luck here on missing playlists Slightly-frowning-face

RE: Old playlists not available since 10.9 upgrade - mscroggi - 2024-05-22

(2024-05-19, 12:40 PM)DitchPickle24 Wrote: I think I got a playlist to update.  it appears that you need to select refresh metadata as "Replace all metadata" of the playlist after you update the xml file and the songs appear on the list in the UI.

The next time you shutdown(restart) the jellyfin server, the changes are written to the TypedBaseItems table.

I got mine to update by doing the 'scan library files' in the dashboard.   I tested stopping the server, adding to the playlist xml's and restarting..  It didn't seem to do any better than modifying the xml's and scanning library files.