Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade (/t-solved-jellyfin-not-opening-on-any-devices-after-10-9-0-upgrade-and-after-downgrade)

Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - AlternateWitness - 2024-05-12

I upgraded to Jellyfin 10.9.0 earlier today, and since then I have not been able to access the server. Whenever I try to go to the home.html page, which I have bookmarked, I just get a full page of the logo; See attachment. When I try to go to the regular locolhost:9000 page, I get a "This site can't be reached" error. When I try to connect to Jellyfin on any other device, I get a "Couldn't connect to server" message. I have the server running, and I double checked, and it's allowed through all of my firewalls, but I can't access it for some reason.

I have since downgraded to Jellyfin 10.8.13, but I'm still getting the same error message. So, no I have no way to get into Jellyfin, and the update just broke the web server.

I'm using Windows 11 23H2 if that is relevant.
Thank you for any help.

Update: I've noticed that in the system tray, whenever I start the server, it automatically stops after a few seconds. Why though? That's probably a problem. My server log is too big to pastebing, but here's the end of it: https://pastebin.com/L84XtSzL
If that is helpful, but it seems as though Jellyfin does not create any more logs since it doesn't boot up anymore, so idk if those are old or not.

I reinstalled Jellyfin, but the problem persists. I don't know what else I can try.

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-13

It looks like the database was corrupted. Did you remember to stop jellyfin before you ran the installer? Do you have a backup of your jellyfin data?

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - AlternateWitness - 2024-05-13

(2024-05-13, 01:16 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: It looks like the database was corrupted.  Did you remember to stop jellyfin before you ran the installer?  Do you have a backup of your jellyfin data?

Yes, I made sure to end all the tasks

I finally bit the bullet and did a full clean install, and redo all of my data. I installed it with 10.9.0, and it works fine now.

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - Roadhunk - 2024-05-13

I had this same issue. I ended up having to:

1. delete all the jellyfin files from both its program files directory and its program data directory (but make sure you have the backup of the program data jellyfin folder which hopefully you did when you initially updated jellyfin to 1.9)
2. delete its files from windows registry (in order for the installer to recognize jellyfin was in fact uninstalled/deleted so that it would install from fresh instead of only installing the update files)
3. fresh reinstall jellyfin 1.8
4. paste the jellyfin program data folder backup back into the program data folder.
5. start up jellyfin server

After that it started finally working again for me, although obv downgraded back to 1.8

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - leeks - 2024-05-13

hey guys, wanted to hijack the post on a semi-related question:
Question: does both the server and the client need to be on the same version?
Context: currently running 10.8 on a windows machine but unfortunately the client is a hack-smash-together of a jellyfin-tizen build. I see some updates on the jellyfin-tizen github. Thinking of updating the server to 10.9 or above but worried that I'll break everything.

thanks in advance. Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-13

Pretty sure the updates you saw on the github for the tizen app were for prep for 10.9. I don't have a tizen TV, but I have yet to see anything from tizen users since 10.9 was released indicating it doesn't work.

RE: Jellyfin not opening on any devices after 10.9.0 upgrade, and after downgrade - STM - 2024-05-13

I'm having the same issue as OP on a docker setup on a proxmox host. Just a big logo on the page and nothing else. docker logs -f doesn't show any activity.

Never mind, clearing site data let's me log in again.