Jellyfin Forum
No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update (/t-no-libraries-visible-media-player-update)

No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - bog - 2024-05-15

Hi,

I have updated the mediaplayer this morning and can now no longer see libraries.

It still works fine on the web.

Going to downgrade for now but posting to highlight the error.

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - Rincevan - 2024-05-15

Hi!

Same Issue ! first page empty.

Favorites was working but impossible to play media.

I dowgraded to 1.9.1

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - Machiela - 2024-05-15

Same issue here. First page was empty, favourites is full but serious issues playing anything.

I updated the server to the latest, and tried again, and the files returned to the front page, but the other problems got worse. Subtitles all crammed into the far left of the screen. Some preferences reset, and when I tried to reset them, the system *completely* crashed; couldn't even get to Task Manager.

Seriously unstable. I downgraded server and client to previous versions. I wish there was some way to make the "want to upgrade?" question disappear, since my whole family will continue to get that question until this is fixed.

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-15

Did you clear out the old version's data before updating JMP? I did, and it works fine for me. If it helps, it works for me on Windows 10.

The data is found at the ProgramFolder directory in Windows. Try deleting both Jellyfin Media Player folders to force it to regenerate with its default settings.

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-15

It may also help to delete the userdata folder. C:\Users\<yourUser>\appdata\local\jellyfinmediaplayer

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - Saeldir - 2024-05-17

(2024-05-15, 01:29 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: It may also help to delete the userdata folder.  C:\Users\<yourUser>\appdata\local\jellyfinmediaplayer

I followed all the steps but my libraries are still not showing.

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-17

Just for clarification for this threads.

If you are using server version 10.9, you should be using JMP 1.10.

If you are using server version 10.8.XX, you should be using JMP 1.9.1. You might be able to get 1.10 to work with server 10.9 if you configure JMP to use the server's web version.

RE: No Libraries Visible - Media Player Update - KodiUser1138 - 2024-09-14

I'm having the same issue on MP 1.11.1 even after fully removing and ensuring the Programdata folder is gone. There is no Appdata folder. Re-install and still no library when opeing the MP.