Jellyfin Forum
Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server (/t-sideloaded-kodi-on-appletv-4-and-kodi-jellyfin-plugin-not-letting-me-configure-server)

Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-08

Following install instructions from here.

No dialog or prompting is displayed detailing my Jellyfin server, nor am I able to manually enter the details of my server (under Jellyfin for Kodi the server details are greyed out and inaccessible).

The JellyCon plugin however does work as described in the instruction, but this is not the method I want to use.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-10

I suppose I should put in details of my setup!

Jellyfin 10.8.10 installed in a TrueNAS Core plugin
Sideloaded Kodi 20.2 and 19.5 with Sideloadly and problem exists in both versions
Installed Jellyfin repo by zip, then latest JellyFin Kodi plugin
When installing the Jellyfin for Kodi plugin, no dialog box or prompt pops up showing my Jellyfin server. Am unable to manually add it as those options are grayed out.

JellyCon plugin on the other hand works immediately and detects my Jellyfin server.

MrMC 3.9-12 also detects the Jellyfin server and works (as much as it can having not been updated for 2 years!)

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-14

Bump!

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-14

Not sure how much help you might get here. Your use case is pretty atypical. I think Jellycon produces logs. Not sure where. Maybe those will give us some info we can work with?

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-14

Well here's the log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ereduzaraj

And here's the issue I guess:

2023-08-14 16:46:44.539 T:20612 info <general>: JELLYFIN.__main__ -> ERROR::service.py:43 [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/0CE35D95-FF66-4D4E-8F0C-8BFF08B1F09B/Library/Caches/Kodi/userdata/library/video/movies/index.xml'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "service.py", line 36, in run
service = Service()
^^^^^^^^^
File "jellyfin_kodi/entrypoint/service.py", line 70, in __init__
verify_kodi_defaults()
File "jellyfin_kodi/helper/xmls.py", line 120, in verify_kodi_defaults
tree = etree.parse(file_name)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E5ECFC92-EFF3-4914-871F-AA263498F6D5/Kodi.app/Frameworks/lib/python3.11/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1218, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E5ECFC92-EFF3-4914-871F-AA263498F6D5/Kodi.app/Frameworks/lib/python3.11/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 569, in parse
source = open(source, "rb")
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/0CE35D95-FF66-4D4E-8F0C-8BFF08B1F09B/Library/Caches/Kodi/userdata/library/video/movies/index.xml'

and perhaps:

2023-08-14 16:47:36.945 T:20710 info <general>: JELLYFIN.jellyfin_kodi.entrypoint.default -> WARNING::jellyfin_kodi/entrypoint/default.py:70 Addon appears to not be configured yet: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/0CE35D95-FF66-4D4E-8F0C-8BFF08B1F09B/Library/Caches/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.jellyfin/data.json'
2023-08-14 16:47:36.947 T:20710 info <general>: JELLYFIN.jellyfin_kodi.entrypoint.default -> INFO::jellyfin_kodi/entrypoint/default.py:72 path: ?mode=addserver params: {
"mode": "addserver"
}

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-17

Another bump!

Tried actually creating a library via a samba share to see if perhaps it needed a local library to start with, but no luck.

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-17

Are you using Kodi in add-on mode or native mode.

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-21

(2023-08-17, 02:17 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Are you using Kodi in add-on mode or native mode.

I can't even get to that stage as I can't even configure the server.

I had a play with it on a mac with kodi and it all worked fine, so I'm guessing it is an issue with tvos specifically.  I'll take a further look at it over the coming days but don't suspect I'll resolve it without assistance from the devs Smiling-face

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - uneekwahn - 2023-08-31

For those playing along at home, I think this is the same issue - https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-kodi/issues/422

Guess I'll go and bug the Kodi guys Smiling-face

RE: Sideloaded Kodi on AppleTV 4 and Kodi Jellyfin plugin not letting me configure server - Acclaimed245 - 2023-12-22

Hi

Unsure if you have found a solution but I figured I'd leave this for anyone else that is having the issue in the future.

I stumbled upon a fluke. This has been tested on 3 different Apple TV's so fairly confident it should work. It appears that if you install PlexKodiConnect and go through the set up then it will set the pathways for the Jellyfin for Kodi plug in to work. You will need a Plex account and possibly some sort of media in plex (I have not tested it without)

1. Install PlexKodiConnect https://github.com/croneter/PlexKodiConnect add https://croneter.github.io/pkc-source in file manager and install from zip and then from repository.

2. Let it install and once you get the notification that it has been installed wait for a pop up to tell you to 'restart Kodi now'

3. After closing / exiting and opening the application again wait for the next pop up to begin the set up process. I left everything default, nothing further to tweak and it will show a screen with a web link and a code to link the plug in to your plex account. Once everything is linked another pop up will advise that Kodi is restarting to apply all the changes, this isn't true you will have to wait 30 sec and then close / exit the application manually.

4. Once you have opened Kodi again another pop up should show with your plex account, you click on it and it will show all your media folders and ask which ones you would like to sync. If you are using the Estuary skin they are all highlighted in green, select each one by one until they are white so that you don't actually import anything.

5. Let the sync pop up show and then you can go and install the Jellyfin for Kodi plugin as normal. Once installed stay on the screen, I have found it takes about a minute at most for the jellyfin pop up to appear and show your local server, then just configure as preferred.

I am unsure what PKC does differently from Jellyfin that automatically knows where to look / set the paths. I'm hoping someone more well versed in Kodi may be able to figure it out but for the time being this long winded way works and now I have my entire library on Kodi and using Titan Bingie Mod it works pretty quick.

I have seen that there may be a fix in 20.3 for PVR but unsure if this will also fix the jellyfin plugin.

Hope this helps!