Jellyfin Forum
V10.9.2 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: V10.9.2 (/t-v10-9-2)

V10.9.2 - droidly - 2024-05-19

Library gone after upgrading from V10.9.1 ---> V10.9.2

Windows 11

During install with the typical notification "previous version found will upgrade and keep current settings" V10.9.2 installed the windows startup service which was not part of my install previously. This caused Norton to block the install of the service which I believe ultimately led to losing my library.
For some reason my full backups of the server and data failed to fix the issue. I believe related to something is the REGISTRY that was never an issue before when restoring a backup.
I did a full uninstall, installed V10.9.1 and rebuilt my libraries and all of my settings etc... a real nightmare.
This is my first ever hiccup with jellyfin since leaving PLEX three years ago so I am trying to be hopeful and be optimistic that this will not be the norm moving forward with jellyfin.
Furthermore, JellyfinMediaPlayer-1.10.1 is not to my liking and also my first encounter with "bugs"

Thanks for all your hard work, Droidly

RE: V10.9.2 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-19

Couldn't you tell Norton to allow/exclude the 10.9.2 installation from its block list?

RE: V10.9.2 - Alliyance - 2024-05-20

(2024-05-19, 02:55 PM)droidly Wrote: Library gone after upgrading from V10.9.1 ---> V10.9.2

Windows 11

During install with the typical notification "previous version found will upgrade and keep current settings" V10.9.2 installed the windows startup service which was not part of my install previously. This caused Norton to block the install of the service which I believe ultimately led to losing my library.
For some reason my full backups of the server and data failed to fix the issue. I believe related to something is the REGISTRY that was never an issue before when restoring a backup.
I did a full uninstall, installed V10.9.1 and rebuilt my libraries and all of my settings etc... a real nightmare.
This is my first ever hiccup with jellyfin since leaving PLEX three years ago so I am trying to be hopeful and be optimistic that this will not be the norm moving forward with jellyfin.
Furthermore, JellyfinMediaPlayer-1.10.1 is not to my liking and also my first encounter with "bugs"

Thanks for all your hard work, Droidly

I believe I'm heading into a real nightmare also. My main Jellyfin is install on a seedbox, linux system, Since the update, many options arent working. I think the new version 10.9.2 need to be install from fresh or you'll run into problems. Been 2 years without any issues until this new version arrived.  Weary-face

RE: V10.9.2 - droidly - 2024-05-20

(2024-05-19, 06:48 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Couldn't you tell Norton to allow/exclude the 10.9.2 installation from its block list?

Obviously, I am way past there now and you missed the point entirely. V10.9.2 tried to install as a service which was never part of my previous installs so the upgrade was blocked.