Jellyfin Forum
Library art cycling - except for Music? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Library art cycling - except for Music? (/t-library-art-cycling-except-for-music)

Library art cycling - except for Music? - nurunet - 2024-05-20

Hi, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am running Jellyfin 10.9.2 on Docker and have video and audio content in there. I have libraries set up for Movies, Music, Music Videos, Shows, Collections and Documentaries.

As far as I can tell, for Movies, Shows etc. the library image on the Jellyfin main page shuffles through background images (at a very slow pace - every few days?). The images seem to come from online providers if the movie is recognized or are stills from the video for e.g. some obscure documentaries.

For Music, it seems to be stuck on one image:

There are plenty of other albums with Folder.jpg, AlbumArtSmall.jpg or cover art in their tags. Why is it stuck on one?

Cheers

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-20

At any point did you manually set a Music library image? The fact that there isn't text across your image tells me this image was not automatically selected but was manually set at some point.

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - nurunet - 2024-05-22

Huh. Not that I remember, but I cannot exclude it. Any way to revert that to automatic?

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-22

On the home screen, click on "...", edit images, delete the image that is there. Then do a library scan. In a few minutes it should repopulate the music library image.

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - nurunet - 2024-05-22

(2024-05-22, 01:59 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: On the home screen, click on "...", edit images, delete the image that is there.  Then do a library scan.  In a few minutes it should repopulate the music library image.

That did not work. It only did when I also removed the folder containing the offending picture from the library.

Alas, once I re-added it, the picture went back to that one.

Could this be in any way linked to the folders being mounted read-only in Docker? I see this message in the logs:

Quote:[2024-05-22 19:32:52.413 +02:00] [ERR] [61] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: "Read-only file system : '/music/DVDA Residue/Folder.jpg'". URL "DELETE" "/Items/7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb/Images/Primary".

Of course, I wouldn't want it to delete anything from my media folders though.

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-22

I don't think so. The contents of my library are also read-only to Jellyfin, but the libraries I don't have static images for cycle through the various banners and album covers.

Removing the library's cover image shouldn't have tried to remove the image it was based on.

RE: Library art cycling - except for Music? - nurunet - 2024-05-23

Thank you so much for your aid in troubleshooting. I now "solved" the issue by moving that offending album in my main "Album" folder - I don't really remember why I had it apart. For the moment, this seems to have helped.