Jellyfin Forum
Users - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-discussion)
+--- Thread: Users (/t-users)

Users - rfelix - 2024-05-20

quantas pessoas podem assistir jellyfin simultaneamente

how many people can watch jellyfin simultaneously?

RE: Users - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-20

Depends on your hardware. What are your server specs?

RE: Users - bitmap - 2024-05-20

Not a question that can be easily answered. This depends on your network speed/abilities, bitrate of the media in question, whether the media requires transcoding, and network overhead (i.e., normal usage of your network for other devices/activities).

Theoretically? The limit is going to be your ISP's upload speed limit for you. Take maybe 80% of your upload and divide by the bitrate of your media. This is under ideal circumstances. Even more theoretically, there could be a disk I/O limit you'd hit at some point (this would require you to have a 6+ Gbps upload speed capable network and hardware...meaning it's not going to be the bottleneck).

RE: Users - rfelix - 2024-05-20

CPU: Xeon Dual CPU 2699v3
GPU: SLI RTX 3090 Strix
Ram: 256GB
HD: 4x IronWolf 16TB

But I want to know if there is a limit. I hear that only 15 people can watch at the same time and there is a limit on jellyfin. So it depends on the server? In this case, I can have 1000 people if my server supports it, is that it?

RE: Users - 34626 - 2024-05-20

You can simply ask your entire family or frends to play a 4k movie at the same time, then monitor how the CPU/GPU/HDD/Net load is :-)

If all 15 or more plays big movies, the bottlebeck probably would be your HDDs

RE: Users - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-20

The answer is as much users as your hardware supports. Jellyfin does not limit the user count.

RE: Users - Mel_Gibson_Real - 2024-05-20

Its a complicated question of what bottleneck will you hit first which also depends on the media type and if everyone is watching different media, if they are transcode or now, what kind of transcoding, bandwidth, drive bandwidth, ram, transcoding cache speed, cpu speed, gpu vram.

Its really a question you have to answer yourself. If your aiming for hundreds of connections you would need a knowledge base large enough to not need to ask in the first place. Since you would probably require a remote encoding setup to spread the workload across multiple gpus, and probably multiple jellyfin servers.

RE: Users - Alliyance - 2024-05-22

First, make sure it’s all direct play. Mine is set on a server which has an internet speed of 900. Each user needs around 15 when steam a 5k bitrate file, so a max of 60 can stream at the same time. But I only have 9 user from my family.

RE: Users - pcm - 2024-06-18

(2024-05-20, 06:03 PM)rfelix Wrote: CPU: Xeon Dual CPU 2699v3
GPU: SLI RTX 3090 Strix
Ram: 256GB
HD: 4x IronWolf 16TB

But I want to know if there is a limit. I hear that only 15 people can watch at the same time and there is a limit on jellyfin. So it depends on the server? In this case, I can have 1000 people if my server supports it, is that it?

Basically yes. What's you link capacity ?