Jellyfin Forum
Trickplay option doesnt exist - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Trickplay option doesnt exist (/t-trickplay-option-doesnt-exist)

Trickplay option doesnt exist - IceNineKill - 2024-05-21

I've been looking over and over for the past 2 updates for the trickplay option in my library settings but it doesn't seem to exist in movies or tv. I'm running docker on unraid and the containers version is 10.9.2 I even have the scheduled task for it but the option to enable it is just gone. I made sure to clear cookies and cache, even use another computer but still nothing. Been lurking on here waiting for someone to maybe have the same issue but i think i might be the only one having it. Any help appreciated!

RE: Trickplay option doesnt exist - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-21

Are you using the Jellyfin Media Player client and did you make sure to update it to the newest version?

RE: Trickplay option doesnt exist - IceNineKill - 2024-05-21

(2024-05-21, 12:21 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Are you using the Jellyfin Media Player client and did you make sure to update it to the newest version?

Pretty much only use the web client but now im curious to try downloading that to see if it works

(2024-05-21, 12:39 PM)IceNineKill Wrote:
(2024-05-21, 12:21 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Are you using the Jellyfin Media Player client and did you make sure to update it to the newest version?

Pretty much only use the web client but now im curious to try downloading that to see if it works

damn that was a really simple solution i feel dumb now, lmfao

guess I'll stick to the app for stuff like this, thanks man!

Be careful with that. The reason I asked if you used the Jellyfin Media Player app (JMP) was because I thought that might be where your problem was coming from.

When v10.9.0 came out, JMP was still using the previous web-ui, so it needed to be updated with the new web-ui. So for two days, some people using JMP updated their servers and didn't know why they couldn't find the new features while using it. It has since been updated for the current server release. The same sitation might happen in the future where you'll have to wait for JMP to be updated for a future server release before it will properly work again.

It now seems like your issue is indeed a caching problem on your browser. You said you already cleared it, but how? Did you just do "ctrl+shift+r"? What browser are you using? You need to go to its settings to find your server's stored cookies and delete them. Because your problem was fixed by using JMP, it indicates the problem is your browser.

(2024-05-21, 01:53 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Be careful with that. The reason I asked if you used the Jellyfin Media Player app (JMP) was because I thought that might be where your problem was coming from.

When v10.9.0 came out, JMP was still using the previous web-ui, so it needed to be updated with the new web-ui. So for two days, some people using JMP updated their servers and didn't know why they couldn't find the new features while using it. It has since been updated for the current server release. The same sitation might happen in the future where you'll have to wait for JMP to be updated for a future server release before it will properly work again.

It now seems like your issue is indeed a caching problem on your browser. You said you already cleared it, but how? Did you just do "ctrl+shift+r"? What browser are you using? You need to go to its settings to find your server's stored cookies and delete them. Because your problem was fixed by using JMP, it indicates the problem is your browser.

so in firefox i just head over to settings and type in "cache" from there i can clear all website cache and cookies, that's how i did it before anyways.

I don't have access to my PC right now, but if I remember right for Firefox, go to its settings page. In the privacy & security page, there should be a button that is for managing website data. If you click on it, a pop-up will open with a list of all the websites you visit. Just search for the server your Jellyfin service is running from and select it. Once selected, you just click on the remove option on the bottom of the pop-up, then save your changes when you exit the pop-up. That should be it.

(2024-05-21, 04:09 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: I don't have access to my PC right now, but if I remember right for Firefox, go to its settings page. In the privacy & security page, there should be a button that is for managing website data. If you click on it, a pop-up will open with a list of all the websites you visit. Just search for the server your Jellyfin service is running from and select it. Once selected, you just click on the remove option on the bottom of the pop-up, then save your changes when you exit the pop-up. That should be it.

yeah that's what I've been doing it looks like its under the same tab
[Image: eGwQUju.png]

I have tried web browsers in VM's too that have never visited my jellyfin instance as well, really weird. I thought it was something with my reverse proxy but i got rid of "cache assets" ages ago and i haven't noticed a change from that either.