Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally (/t-solved-2-5-libraries-cannot-be-edited-otherwise-function-normally)

2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - pavichokche - 2024-05-21

I wanted to enable trickplay generation for my Movies library, and noticed that when I go to apply any changed settings to the library it just leads to a forever spinning loading circle. The library otherwise functions fine. In the main user interface it has a proper image which changes weekly like all other libraries. However, in the dashboard -> Libraries page, it has a blank image and simply clicking it does not bring up the management window the way it does for all other libraries. Attempting to rescan it manually the page just refreshes and nothing happens.
I then noticed the case is the same for the 'Collections' library.

Here is what I've tried:
- doing this on multiple clients (the server system browser, android client, Windows Jellyfin Player) it always behaves the same
- enabling debug logging - I followed the instructions and modified the logging.json/logging.default.json files accordingly but there are NO DBG entries appearing in the log at all
- disabled TheTVDB plugin
- I can't disable the library because that setting doesn't get applied when I press 'Ok' either
- I don't know if removing the library would do anything but I don't want to lose the watch status(es) for all my users

Server system is Windows 11 Pro, AMD 5600G
Server, Web version, and build are all 10.9.2, BUT I'm pretty sure this was how the library behaved even on 10.8

Here's a tiny snippet of my log due to a 512KB limit from pastebin -_-
https://pastebin.com/kLp6B7N7

RE: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-21

Long shot, do you have any themes or custom CSS? If so, what happens when you remove it?

Also experiment with disabling plugins. For the record, Jellyscrub should have asked you to convert your BIFs to trickplays. Once that is done you should uninstall the plugin.

RE: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - pavichokche - 2024-05-22

(2024-05-21, 07:53 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Long shot, do you have any themes or custom CSS?  If so, what happens when you remove it?

Also experiment with disabling plugins.  For the record, Jellyscrub should have asked you to convert your BIFs to trickplays.  Once that is done you should uninstall the plugin.

Thanks for replying!
I tried setting the default theme back in the SkinManager plugin and that didn't do anything.
Now, talking about Jellyscrub, I've actually run into something strange.
I was following the instructions provided by the server in regards to transitioning from Jellyscrub's .bif files to the new trickplay .jpegs and that involved enabling trickplay generation on all my libraries. That's how I ran into the problem with my Movies library, right. But since I did that, the server began generating trickplay images for all my OTHER libraries which successfully enabled the setting. So after they were done, I uninstalled jellyscrub and deleted its repository.

HOWEVER, for some reason it keeps coming back...after I uninstall it and restart the server, I get a Jellyscrub version 1.1.1.0 and sometimes ALSO a jellyscrub 2.0.0.0. And similarly, I attempted to uninstall the SkinManager plugin and now upon restart I keep getting a ghost version which I can't uninstall - I get a spinning loading wheel when I click 'Uninstal'. Neither of the two is in the 'Catalog' tab, and they have no repositories...

Anyway, I simply deleted the two plugins while the server was shut down and started it back up, now they seem to be gone, though my Movies library is still glitched.

RE: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - pavichokche - 2024-05-22

I tried to just recreate the library (as movies2) and then delete the original problematic library. What ensued was somehow an even deeper mess - everything was going well until I deleted the original library and then attempted to rename the new library to it (Movies2 -> Movies). It seemed to work but then didn't the library was called Movies2 still, and now the media scan task was failing, since it was looking for the wrong name in some directory.

I kept playing with it and it seems that SOMEWHERE on a level that I can't see/edit jellyfin still thinks there is a library called Movies and it's glitched, so if I attempt to enable another library called 'Movies' or if I attempt to rename another enabled library to 'Movies' it doesn't work...what a mess

RE: 2/5 Libraries Cannot Be Edited, Otherwise Function Normally - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-22

Look in this directory.

C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\root\default

I THINK that is the right directory for a Windows Jellyfin server. That directory will have all the files with your library configurations in it. You may just have to remove the Movies library entirely, ensure that it gets removed from that directory, and recreated the library (not renaming a duplicate).

In my case that root\default directory (that based on the log file Jellyfin looks for) is in appdata\local\jellyfin. And that's exactly the directory where on occasion I was seeing a mismatch between the library name that I set in the dashboard and what jellyfin was looking for.

Now...I may have stumbled into a working state! After deleting, re-creating the library, and rebooting a number of times, and even trying to temporarily copy the 'Movies' directory from the programdata jellyfin folder (an old remnant from last year) suddenly it started working. I now seem to have a properly-operating library called 'Movies'...here's hoping it keeps on working without issues.

Oh I also disabled the Trakt plugin at one point, and I think I'll keep it off since it doesn't do anything for me.