Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Trickplay enabled, but not working - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Trickplay enabled, but not working (/t-solved-trickplay-enabled-but-not-working)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trickplay enabled, but not working - Skankhunt42 - 2024-05-22

Hello,
i have an issue in 10.9.2 where i have enabled the Trickplay generation. 
I also ran the Task "Generate Trickplay Images", but i still only see Chapter Pictures.
I have disabled the Jellyscrub Plugin, does this have to be enable in order for this to work?

Screenshots Jellyfin Trickplay Settings & scrubbing preview

Thank you guys!

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-22

In the Jellyscrub plugin, did you convert your existing BIFs to trickplays? The plugin should prompt you to do that when you go to the settings for Jellyscrub.

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - Skankhunt42 - 2024-05-22

(2024-05-22, 08:58 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: In the Jellyscrub plugin, did you convert your existing BIFs to trickplays?  The plugin should prompt you to do that when you go to the settings for Jellyscrub.

I cant say for sure, but i think so.
But as i mentioned i have disabled the Jellyscrub Plugin since upgrading to 10.9.2 as i thought the whole "backend" part of this would have been implemented into Jellyfin 10.9.2.

Does this have to stay enabled?

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-22

No. Either you didn't convert the bifs or the conversion failed for some reason and you have to initiate the trickplay job (under scheduled tasks) to regenerate them.

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - Skankhunt42 - 2024-05-25

(2024-05-22, 09:25 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: No.  Either you didn't convert the bifs or the conversion failed for some reason and you have to initiate the trickplay job (under scheduled tasks) to regenerate them.

Hi, i just wanted to give a quick update.

I've enabled the Jellyscrub Plugin again, it then told me to convert the bif files and remove those after the convertion.
So i did, and the Trickplay was working fine then.
Then i have uninstalled the Jellyscrub plugin again, and all Trickplay pictures were "gone" the trickplay frames are not displayed.
After starting the Task "Generate Trickplay pictures" slowly the trickplay pictures came back.
The task is now running since 3 days and slowly more and more trickplay pictures are coming back - lets see how long it takes to finish.
But for now the Trickplay feature does work again.

Thank you!

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - mjeshurun - 2024-06-07

Hi Friends,
I'm not sure I understand the requirements for Trickplay to work.
For users that didn't install and use the JellyScrub plugin prior to Jellyfin 10.9, is it also required to install and run Jellyscrub before the new Trickplay feature can work?

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-07

(2024-06-07, 09:21 AM)mjeshurun Wrote: Hi Friends,
I'm not sure I understand the requirements for Trickplay to work.
For users that didn't install and use the JellyScrub plugin prior to Jellyfin 10.9, is it also required to install and run Jellyscrub before the new Trickplay feature can work?
No, Jellyscrub is not required. Its last release doesn't even create BIF files anymore. All it does now is convert the old BIF files to the now native JPG format.

Trickplay support is fully integrated into Jellyfin, so you don't need the help of the plugin anymore.

Thank you, @Efficient_Good_5784 🙏

In that case, I don't know why Trickplay is not working for me.

@TheDreadPirate, a few days ago you asked me about my reverse proxy settings.
I checked and I followed all the reverse proxy settings on the Jellyfin documentation, but Trickplay still doesn't work.
Do you might have any other suggestions?

RE: Trickplay enabled, but not working - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-07

What browser are you using? Do you have any script blockers or something?

(2024-06-07, 03:15 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What browser are you using?  Do you have any script blockers or something?

I tried on Firefox and Chrome.
Regarding script blockers, I'm using Adguard, but I tried to quite it and run a few tv episodes, but I still didn't see any Trickplay images.