Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Find bad scrapped movie - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: SOLVED: Find bad scrapped movie (/t-solved-find-bad-scrapped-movie)

Pages: 1 2

Find bad scrapped movie - madjpm - 2024-05-23

Is there a way to retrieve a bad scrapped movie in my library with the path/name.mkv only ?

Can't search the whole metadatas.

RE: Find bad scrapped movie - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-23

Can you describe what a "bad scrapped movie" is?

RE: Find bad scrapped movie - madjpm - 2024-05-23

A movie wrong identified that I can't find

RE: Find bad scrapped movie - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-24

You can use the metadata editor (right below the Dashboard option) to more easily search (manually) for the misidentified movie/show.

I am not aware of any way to do that otherwise. I purposefully misidentified a show and tried to search for the file name, but Jellyfin only searches for the identified title.

RE: Find bad scrapped movie - madjpm - 2024-05-24

Yes it's possible with metadata editor but if you are searching for a path with +6000 movies it's almost impossible...

I'm looking for a solution to grep a path name on a db and simply get the movie title.

RE: Find bad scrapped movie - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-24

You're most likely asking for the impossible. How is Jellyfin supposed to provide a list of media that it didn't properly pick up? It's not smart enough to understand that it misidentified something, unless you want to make Jellyfin self-aware by sticking AI into it.

Think about it this way. Lets say I give you a dvd that contains a movie you never have seen before. Lets also say that the physical dvd doesn't have the movie's name printed on it and the movie never shows its name in it either. You ask me what the name is, and I tell you the name. How do you know if I lied? Maybe I gave you a false name for the movie and you wouldn't know.

The same thing would apply here. Jellyfin relies on you giving the correct name in the correct format. If there are errors (user-error or program-error), it's up to human intervention to correct it. After all, it got it wrong the first time, why would it get it right the second time and report a mismatch to you?

The only way I could think about doing this is by creating a script that gets a list of all your movies and compares their filenames to their title names stored in their nfo metadata files (if you have those enabled). However, you'll need to parse the filenames since online sources sometimes have different names to what users name their files.

Otherwise, you would need to determine what a computer needs to see to declare a movie as "badly scrapped".

I'm sure you could write a script that queries Jellyfin's DB for the Title that was scrapped and compare with the file name.

Either way requires a lot of manual work. As Efficient stated, Jellyfin has no mechanism to differentiate incorrectly identified content. Only content that couldn't be identified.

You don 't understand...

Let's say I've got a movie :

/home/movie/great_movie.avi

jellyfin identify it as "Bad Movie" but I've got about 6000 movies so I can't retrieve the bad association unless checking every movie one by one to check the file.

There should be a database somewhere where I can request something like "/home/movie/great_movie.avi" just to find where is the wrong identified movie so I can re-identified it correctly ?

PS : another solution would be to simply rename correctly the lost movie but I can't

/var/lib/jellyfin/library.db

That is the DB you need query, but I am not familiar with SQLite or how the database is structured to help you construct that query.

(2024-05-24, 01:05 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: /var/lib/jellyfin/library.db

That is the DB you need query, but I am not familiar with SQLite or how the database is structured to help you construct that query.

Thx, I'll try this

PS : it's ok using /var/lib/jellyfin/library.db

With sqlitebrowser I can find my lost media !