Jellyfin Forum
Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) (/t-video-audio-settings-dolby-atmos-vision)

Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) - KyleStilkey - 2024-05-26

Hey all! I am new to Jellyfin and I'm enjoying it so far with some minor quirks but overall I am very happy.

I am a little overwhelmed by the audio and want to make sure I am getting the most out of my setup. I have a Vizio M51a-H6 (5.1 Dolby Atmos/DTX) soundbar on my TCL Google TV. Now I have no trouble with Dolby Atmos and DTX through my Xbox One and a few apps but I am a little confused on how to get Dolby Atmos working through Jellyfin.

By default my audio continues to use the 7.1 TrueHD Audio but with this on, the back speakers do not fire at all (which I believe is due to this being a 5.1 soundbar). I can select the 5.1 Channels and I'm given 3 options, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA and DTS. I am unsure which of the 3 options are recommended but if I want to use Dolby Atmos I don't even know what one to select as TrueHD 7.1 isn't fire the back speakers.

Maybe I am just a little confused but would love some assistance with this. I also am using the movie Last Action Hero and have ripped it with full content from Disc using MakeMKV and kept everything intact as is.

Also is HDR10+/Vision supported or is a hardware encoder required for this and if so what are some cheap/decently priced suggestions?

Thanks a bunch ahead of time to any help!

RE: Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) - gnattu - 2024-05-26

You use Dolby Digital if you want to use Dolby Atmos in general

HDR and Dolby Vision support is client hardware dependent and you don't need a hardware encoder if the client supports these format.

RE: Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) - KyleStilkey - 2024-05-26

(2024-05-26, 04:40 AM)gnattu Wrote: You use Dolby Digital if you want to use Dolby Atmos in general

HDR and Dolby Vision support is client hardware dependent and you don't need a hardware encoder if the client supports these format.

Ok good to know, now how do I set 5.1 to default for my device? I do not see anyway to do so but to pause the movie and then switch said audio which is annoying to do anytime I start or resume a movie.

RE: Video/Audio Settings (Dolby Atmos/Vision) - Mikeike - 2024-08-25

(2024-05-26, 04:34 AM)KyleStilkey Wrote: Hey all! I am new to Jellyfin and I'm enjoying it so far with some minor quirks but overall I am very happy.

I am a little overwhelmed by the audio and want to make sure I am getting the most out of my setup. I have a Vizio M51a-H6 (5.1 Dolby Atmos/DTX) soundbar on my TCL Google TV. Now I have no trouble with Dolby Atmos and DTX through my Xbox One and a few apps but I am a little confused on how to get Dolby Atmos working through Jellyfin.

By default my audio continues to use the 7.1 TrueHD Audio but with this on, the back speakers do not fire at all (which I believe is due to this being a 5.1 soundbar). I can select the 5.1 Channels and I'm given 3 options, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA and DTS. I am unsure which of the 3 options are recommended but if I want to use Dolby Atmos I don't even know what one to select as TrueHD 7.1 isn't fire the back speakers.

Maybe I am just a little confused but would love some assistance with this. I also am using the movie Last Action Hero and have ripped it with full content from Disc using MakeMKV and kept everything intact as is.

Also is HDR10+/Vision supported or is a hardware encoder required for this and if so what are some cheap/decently priced suggestions?

Thanks a bunch ahead of time to any help!

Did you ever get 7.1 figured out? I have the same sound bar.