Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: PC Video Playing Issue - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: PC Video Playing Issue (/t-solved-pc-video-playing-issue)

Pages: 1 2

PC Video Playing Issue - Roguediculous - 2024-05-27

.txt   Log.txt (Size: 53.88 KB / Downloads: 15)
When I use my TV's my Jellyfin allows me to watch without any errors but when using my PC for some reason it only plays for around 15 seconds to 5 minutes sometimes and then it just stops complete. No buffering no freezing just stops. I have the ffmpeg logs attached.

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-27

Can you share the main jellyfin log. The ffmpeg log looks fine. It is just remuxing.

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - Roguediculous - 2024-05-27

(2024-05-27, 09:47 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share the main jellyfin log.  The ffmpeg log looks fine.  It is just remuxing.

.zip   Log2.zip (Size: 529.87 KB / Downloads: 12)
Here is the log you requested.

One issue is that your server is constantly restarting.

Code:
[2024-05-27 16:47:44.519 -05:00] [ERR] Error processing request. URL "GET" "/LiveTv/Recordings".
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused (localhost:8866)

Not sure if this is the cause of your current problem. All the playback for Frieren failures were due to ffmpeg crashing, which conflicts with the ffmpeg log you provided.

So you need to fix whatever is going on with NextPVR (port 8866 isn't open/available?) and you need to provide an ffmpeg log that corresponds to one of these ffmpeg crashes.

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - Roguediculous - 2024-05-27

(2024-05-27, 10:42 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: One issue is that your server is constantly restarting.

Code:
[2024-05-27 16:47:44.519 -05:00] [ERR] Error processing request. URL "GET" "/LiveTv/Recordings".
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused (localhost:8866)

Not sure if this is the cause of your current problem.  All the playback for Frieren failures were due to ffmpeg crashing, which conflicts with the ffmpeg log you provided.

So you need to fix whatever is going on with NextPVR (port 8866 isn't open/available?) and you need to provide an ffmpeg log that corresponds to one of these ffmpeg crashes.

Strange i thought i had removed the next plugin but i checked and removed it now. Played a video and got a new ffmpeg log here it is.

.txt   Log3.txt (Size: 53.8 KB / Downloads: 24)

That log is still showing a clean ffmpeg run.

Which client are you using on your PC? Looks like a browser. Which one?

Can you open the developer console in the browser, replicate the problem, and then report any thing you see in the developer console.

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - Roguediculous - 2024-05-28

(2024-05-27, 11:20 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: That log is still showing a clean ffmpeg run.

Which client are you using on your PC?  Looks like a browser.  Which one?

Can you open the developer console in the browser, replicate the problem, and then report any thing you see in the developer console.

Here is a screenshot not sure if thats what your asking for?    

The version of Jellyfin you are running (e.g. 10.8.10)
9.3.3 - Ubuntu Proxmox Container, and this only happens in the web browser but I am unsure of the desktop application. However it does work on my android tvs application without fail.

I have tried Edge / FireFox

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-28

Can you make a backup of your Jellyfin data and try upgrading to at least 10.8.13? I vaguely recall there being quite a few jellyfin-web bugs resembling this.

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - Roguediculous - 2024-05-29

(2024-05-28, 01:16 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you make a backup of your Jellyfin data and try upgrading to at least 10.8.13?  I vaguely recall there being quite a few jellyfin-web bugs resembling this.

Not sure where I came up with 9.3.3 but its actually 10.9.3  build on both the server and web application. I think I was just going crazy yesterday, new day same problem though. Smiling-face

RE: PC Video Playing Issue - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-29

I got things mixed up. I see 10.9.3 but thought you were on 10.8.10 based on your last comment mentioning it.

What are your server specs? I see you are using NVENC for transcoding. What GPU do you have?