Jellyfin Forum
Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one (/t-episode-stoo-at-the-middle-and-start-the-next-one)

Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - Djisanii - 2023-08-09

Hi!

I have my files on a server (old pc ) and when I look some episodes, the episode stop playing a few after the middle and start the next one... and if it's the last, it stop also and go to the home screen
It's very frustrating! 
This issues is on chrome pc (ethernet) and also on android app (wifi)
The problem is for 20 minutes episodes most of time but not for longer ones!

What is the problem? The server? Jellyfin? Other reason? 

Thanks for your help!

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-09

Can you share your jellyfin and ffmpeg logs? What are the specs and operating system of your server?

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - Djisanii - 2023-08-09

(2023-08-09, 04:15 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share your jellyfin and ffmpeg logs?  What are the specs and operating system of your server?

The Server is a Dell OptiPlex 7010 modified
Intel I5-3470
24Go ram
No GPU

Is a minimum config required for jellyfin?

For the log, I don't know what you would like exactly

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-09

What operating system is your server running?

There is no minimum config, but not having a GPU can be a problem if your client doesn't support a codec.  Your server will need to transcode and with an old CPU that process would be very slow without having a GPU to accelerate that.

If you don't know where your logs are located, you can also see them in the dashboard.  Settings > Dashboard > Logs.  There will be a jellyfin log and a ffmpeg log.

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - Djisanii - 2023-08-10

(2023-08-09, 05:35 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What operating system is your server running?

There is no minimum config, but not having a GPU can be a problem if your client doesn't support a codec.  Your server will need to transcode and with an old CPU that process would be very slow without having a GPU to accelerate that.

If you don't know where your logs are located, you can also see them in the dashboard.  Settings > Dashboard > Logs.  There will be a jellyfin log and a ffmpeg log.

It's running on windows 10 up to date

I found the log ffmpeg but not the jellyfin one. It's possible to generate one?

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - Djisanii - 2023-08-12

Hi,

I didn't have answer Slightly-frowning-face

RE: Episode stoo at the middle and start the next one - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-12

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the ffmpeg log. Other than that it stopped for some reason at 19 minutes. I would needs the main jellyfin log.

Settings > Dashboard > Logs

The file name should be something like "log_20230811.txt" or something like that. It's different for Windows and my server is on Linux.

Hopefully that log will give us more information.