Jellyfin Forum
Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. (/t-movies-showing-up-in-continue-watching-i-have-not-started)

Pages: 1 2

Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - cordlord - 2024-05-28

I installed the latest version of Jellyfin in a Docker container using host mode network before the weekend. I have it running behind a Synology reverse proxy and available over the internet. Everything is working as it should and I'm loving it so far

The past few days, I've noticed there are movies showing up in my continue watching I have not watched yet. Many of them with no actual progress.
I have setup max missed logins to 3, disabled my 2 users on the sign in page, disabled remote access for my "admin" user, and used completely random usernames and 20 character passwords. I do not see any odd sign ins or activity in the logs. I find it unlikely that anyone has gained access to my server, but this behavior is odd and does make me curious what's going on.

I tried looking through the forum and GitHub to see if this is a known issue, but no luck. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or something I should be concerned about?

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-28

What plugins do you have installed?

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - cordlord - 2024-05-28

I do not have any extra plugins installed, just the official docker image in a container.

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-28

I've seen this problem, but they were usually associated with the Trakt plugin.

Can you share your full jellyfin log via pastebin.

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - cordlord - 2024-05-28

Oh interesting, I haven't got around to playing with plugins just yet.

Logs part 1

Logs part 2

Unrelated, you have a bunch of transcode failures. Looks like you are trying to transcode to AV1. Does your GPU support that?

As for your problem. I see 12 sessions for this "Beacon" user. If all these sessions are different people, all of your activity is going to merge together. Is that what is happening?

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - cordlord - 2024-05-29

I don't have AV1 selected in the dashboard playback settings as an option.

I'm the only one who is using that user, but that is my non-admin user. No one else has those credentials. I only have 3 devices I have used to access my server no including a couple Chromecast devices.

I did adjust it so only 1 active session is active at a time.

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - cordlord - 2024-05-29

I was just doing some playing around and I signed out of my server on my Android app right after playing, then stopping a movie. From the dashboard, I can see the server still thinks I'm active from that session and it thinks the movie is still playing.
I restarted the Jellyfin server from dashboard and signed back in to the app. Sure enough, the same movie shows up in continue section with progress even though I was not watching it.

There's definitely some sort of bug in app it appears.

RE: Movies showing up in Continue Watching I have not started. - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-29

There are two AV1 check boxes, one for decoding and one for encoding. You definitely have the encoding box checked since that is what jellyfin is trying to transcode to.

Code:
-codec:v:0 av1_qsv

I'm not sure what is going on, but Jellyfin thinks you have 12 active sessions.

Can you go to Dashboard > Devices and then log out every active device? Then log back in with your actual active devices and see if the problem keeps happening.

Alright, this just keeps getting weirder.
Now my transcoding is completely broken, but was definitely working before. I have no clue what changed.

I did exactly that and it so far hasn't caused anymore issues with the watch history.