Jellyfin Forum
Tizen playback artifacts - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Tizen playback artifacts (/t-tizen-playback-artifacts)

Tizen playback artifacts - copper - 2024-05-29

Hello,

i have issues with some of my files when i play them on my samsung tv (q7fn).

Some video files have artifacts when playing at always exactly at the same timestamps.
The video is 4k and I can get rid of the this issue if i set the quality to 1080 (10 mbps).
Normally the video uses direct stream so i guess the server assumes the client is compatible.

What i am trying to figure out is where exactly the issue is coming from.

Some notes on this and what i tested so far:

- play the same video on another device -> works
- play the same video and use appleplay to cast it to the tv -> works
- tried different jellyfin server and client versions (10.8.x and 10.9.x) -> same result
- different transcoding options. but the problematic files uses direct play if do not lower the quality.

I also compared with another 4k file that produces no artifacts. 

This is the working file:

and this is the file that produces artifacts:

This is how the artifacts look:

what i can notice is that one file uses direct play and the other direct streaming. But to me it looks like this is because of the audio codec and not the video.
And the video of the working file has a higher bitrate.

Hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction and help figure this out.

Thanks in advance

RE: Tizen playback artifacts - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-29

If its in the same spot in the same video, there may be something off with the container. Which is fixed when it remuxes or transcodes.

Are the files in question MKVs? If so, you can try repackaging one of them with ffmpeg. This will only recreate the MKV container and just copy the video/audio/subs.

Code:
/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -fflags genpts -i "/path/to/video.mkv" -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 0:s -map_chapters 0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s copy outputFile.mkv

RE: Tizen playback artifacts - copper - 2024-05-29

ok i remuxed the file.

The artifacts are gone, but instead i now have stuttering/pauses on the timestamps where, before the remuxing, the artifacts appeared.

Does this make anything more obvious on what is happening?

What happens when you play each file in a local player like MPC-BE or VLC?

plays without any problems if i access the file directly (without jellyfin), so the same as what i experienced with iphone or webbrowser jellyfin client.

I noticed that another file that has issues uses eac3 as well.

Could it be that my tv just can not handle that audio format?
But then i dont understand why the audio plays without issues and the image has problems, as well as why it happens at the same timestamps for each playback.

Has this always happened? Try reinstalling the Jellyfin Tizen app? Not sure that will help, though. But worth a try.

Already tried that, but thanks.