Jellyfin Forum
cant scan media - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: cant scan media (/t-cant-scan-media)

Pages: 1 2

cant scan media - joshalpy123 - 2024-06-06

cant scan media instant stop.  https://pastebin.com/Cuj3MVaf   logs 
server v 10.9.4

RE: cant scan media - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-06

Code:
[2024-06-07 03:06:00.870 +12:00] [ERR] [15] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for "C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\root\default\Shows"
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\root\default\Shows'

Do you have a Shows library? Verify this directory exists. If it does, you may need to recreate your Shows library. Remove it from Jellyfin in the UI. Stop Jellyfin, delete the directory in the code block above, start jellyfin and then recreate your Shows library.

RE: cant scan media - joshalpy123 - 2024-06-06

works now thanks

RE: cant scan media - nanouk76 - 2024-06-06

Hi,
I'm faced with the same symptoms since I would say version 10.9.3. I run a scan from the web interface and the scan almost immediately stops. This problem has now become pretty consistent so much so that I decided to have a look at the log while running a scan and these lines seem to point to the problem:
Quote:Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 8: 'attempt to write a readonly database'.
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveImages(BaseItem item)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateImagesAsync(BaseItem item, Boolean forceUpdate)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress
1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.<>c__DisplayClass69_01.<<RunTasks>b__1>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RunTasks[T](Func
3 task, IList1 children, IProgress1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress
1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.AggregateFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress
1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
[2024-06-06 18:26:28.077 +00:00] [INF] "Scan Media Library" Failed after 0 minute(s) and 3 seconds
However I checked the perms and nothing seems wrong:
Quote:xbmc@jellyfinConfused-facevar/lib/jellyfin/data$ ls -lh
total 1,2G
drwxr-xr-x  11 jellyfin jellyfin 4,0K févr. 22 21:45 attachments
drwxr-xr-x 285 jellyfin jellyfin  20K juin  3 18:52 collections
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin  35 mars  19  2023 device.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 2,4M juin  6 17:47 jellyfin.db
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin  32K juin  6 18:31 jellyfin.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 1,3M juin  6 18:31 jellyfin.db-wal
drwxr-xr-x  18 jellyfin jellyfin 4,0K mai  15  2023 keyframes
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 6,0M juin  6 17:04 kodisyncqueue.db
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 291M juin  6 17:48 library.db
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 289M mai  22 12:17 library.db.bak1
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 291M juin  2 22:25 library.db.bak2
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 608K juin  6 18:13 library.db-shm
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 293M juin  6 17:48 library.db-wal
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin  64K juin  5 19:38 playback_reporting.db
drwxr-xr-x  2 jellyfin jellyfin 4,0K mars  19  2023 playlists
drwxr-xr-x  2 jellyfin jellyfin 4,0K mai  22 13:25 ScheduledTasks
-rw-r--r--  1 jellyfin jellyfin 3,6M juin  2 12:30 splashscreen.png
drwxr-xr-x  18 jellyfin jellyfin 4,0K avril 28  2023 subtitles
Anyone can help me with this?
Thx

RE: cant scan media - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-06

You're affected by this issue most likely:

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/11980

This is a bug in v10.9.5. It's being handled and the fix will hopefully come in the next point release.

This is a known issue. There is a fix that should be in 10.9.6.

Restarting the jellyfin service resolves the issue until the next library scan. You could disable the library scan scheduled task until .6 is released. I found that reducing the number of library scan threads to 1 delays this problem (Dashboard > General). Or you could revert to 10.9.4.

RE: cant scan media - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-06

Edit: v10.9.6 is out now: https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/releases/tag/v10.9.6

Oh, snap!

RE: cant scan media - nanouk76 - 2024-06-06

(2024-06-06, 06:53 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: This is a known issue.  There is a fix that should be in 10.9.6.

Restarting the jellyfin service resolves the issue until the next library scan.  You could disable the library scan scheduled task until .6 is released.  I found that reducing the number of library scan threads to 1 delays this problem (Dashboard > General).  Or you could revert to 10.9.4.

I restarted multiple times but to no avail. I even rebooted the computer for good measure but still no go. And I had already reduced the number of library scans to 1 prior to the issue since that had helped with a previous version. Let's see if the issue is fixed in 10.9.6. Eagerly awaiting it.
Thanks for chiming in.

10.9.6 was JUST released.