Jellyfin Forum
Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie (/t-library-scanning-stuck-at-48-and-my-jellyfin-server-only-updates-1-movie)

Pages: 1 2

Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - fedonr - 2024-06-10

Code:
[16:57:39] [INF] [39] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/The Swap (2016)/The Swap (2016) WEBDL-1080p.mkv" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
[16:59:18] [INF] [3] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Lost Girls & Love Hotels (2020)/Lost Girls & Love Hotels (2020) WEBDL-1080p.mkv" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
[16:59:18] [INF] [21] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Lost Girls & Love Hotels (2020)/Lost Girls & Love Hotels (2020) WEBDL-1080p.en.srt" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[16:59:18] [INF] [21] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/The Magician's Elephant (2023)/The Magician's Elephant (2023) WEBDL-1080p.mkv" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
[16:59:18] [INF] [21] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/The Magician's Elephant (2023)/The Magician's Elephant (2023) WEBDL-1080p.en.srt" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[16:59:19] [INF] [21] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Death Note Relight 1 Visions of a God (2007)/Death Note Relight 1 Visions of a God (2007) Bluray-720p.mkv" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
[16:59:19] [INF] [3] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Death Note Relight 1 Visions of a God (2007)/Death Note Relight 1 Visions of a God (2007) Bluray-720p.en.srt" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format

Such are the logs I get, however no movie is being updated, Tried rebooting, checking folder permissions and reconnecting the internet.

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-10

Can you share your full Jellyfin log. The lines you posted are normal file probing.

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - fedonr - 2024-06-10

True, but it seems it is stuck here at probing all files but the server doesn't update any. I left the place my NAS is as of now. I'll redo it tomorrow and would update here.

Thank you

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - ivan - 2024-06-10

How do you see at which percentage it's stuck on?

Is there a way to see the queue ?

I was struggling with an issue of my own. I added a subtitle (srt) file to a movie folder. But no matter what I did (refresh metadata a ton of times, even tried adding the subtitle file within the web interface) the subtitle was not being detected! This was yesterday.

Today I turned on the server and tried refreshing the metadata again and still nothing. I ended up updating the server to the latest version (10.9.6). Upon the update I restarted the server machine just to be on the safe side and after that, it was STILL the same.

My last try was adding a new subtitle file (in a different language). And just as I'm typing this comment, I check again, and voilá, the subtitle is detected 🤯

My concern is, if it happens again in the future, how do I troubleshoot this? When I issue a metadata refresh, it says "Refresh has been queued". But where can I see the queue and its progress ?

EDIT: I was just going through with a similar issue, on a different movie. But as I deleted some old movies (from a different library), it seems like it triggered something. Because I just checked and this second movie now shows the updated subtitle description. SRT files seem to be ignored by JellyFin's scanner for some reason?! And it requires larger changes to do a refresh ? This is just speculation. Would love someone to shed some light on this.

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-11

In the Dashboard it should list all the active jobs running. And there is no way to see what it is stuck on or what it has queued up after.

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - fedonr - 2024-06-16

(2024-06-11, 04:13 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: In the Dashboard it should list all the active jobs running.  And there is no way to see what it is stuck on or what it has queued up after.

Okay, so I spinned up the Jellyfin docker again, and did the scan again it was stuck at 48% and after a while either the scanning was stopped or completed. So I did a rescan, but the same thing happened first it was stuck at 48% and when I came back after 30 minutes it was no longer scanning. While I have 51 movies, only one of that is updated on Jellyfin WebGUI that too without any metadata. Attached a logfile

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-16

Nothing out of the ordinary in your log. Do you have trickplay enabled on library scan? Or chapter image extraction?

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - fedonr - 2024-06-16

Yes I did enable trick play. But even that is not showing up as a process running in background via dashboard. There's no running activities showing up still library doesn't update any movies only 1 movie shows up without metadata.

RE: Library scanning stuck at 48% and my Jellyfin server only updates 1 movie - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-16

I see this error and I'm wondering what your docker compose looks like. Can you share that with us?

Code:
[2024-06-16 11:20:14.827 +05:30] [ERR] [28] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: Error executing Scheduled Task
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/config/cache/transcodes'.

Sure, here it is.

Code:
docker run -d --name=jellyfin \
  -e PUID=1000 \
  -e PGID=100 \
  -e TZ=Asia/Kolkata \
  -e JELLYFIN_PublishedServerUrl=https://medianas.duckdns.org \
  -p 8096:8096 \
  -p 8920:8920 \
  -p 7359:7359/udp \
  -p 1900:1900/udp \
  -v /drive1t/dockerconf/jellyfin/config:/config \