Jellyfin Forum
Private requests / how to block content without a new library - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Private requests / how to block content without a new library (/t-private-requests-how-to-block-content-without-a-new-library)

Private requests / how to block content without a new library - podonnell - 2024-06-11

Trying to come up with a way for a user to request a 'private' item via Jellyseerr, without the need for creating a new library or additional user.

I'm looking into custom scripts on import. Looking at this from the Jellyfin perspective, there are a few options for how you can show/hide content per user:

1) Library
2) Block items with tags
3) Maximum allowed parental rating
4) Block items with no or unrecognized rating information

#1 is not ideal as I'd like to maintain as few libraries as possible. I know it would work, but that's my last resort.
#2 -- The 'tags' feature would be perfect if there were a way to update those manually, but it seems these are assigned via TMDB or similar.
#3 and #4 could be possible, but are these also pulled from an external source? No way to manually update a rating?

Beyond these options, I believe the answer would have to be assigning to a specific library.

Otherwise, any other ideas would be great.

RE: Private requests / how to block content without a new library - pcm - 2024-06-11

(2024-06-11, 03:23 PM)podonnell Wrote: #2 -- The 'tags' feature would be perfect if there were a way to update those manually, but it seems these are assigned via TMDB or similar.

You can manually update the tags and check the 'Lock this item to prevent future changes' box. That way TMDB will not overwrite/update your tags. This is available in 'edit metadata' when you right click an item. 
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-11-at-4-42-30-PM.png]

Quote:#3 and #4 could be possible, but are these also pulled from an external source? No way to manually update a rating?

Again, these are available to be manually edited/changed if you right click and select 'edit metadata' on any item in your library.
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-11-at-4-42-13-PM.png]

RE: Private requests / how to block content without a new library - podonnell - 2024-06-13

Thanks, these are two great ideas for manually setting this once a new item appears.

My true goal would be to automate this somehow, but I think that may be outside the realm of Jellyfin. However if someone does have a solution at some point, please share!

RE: Private requests / how to block content without a new library - pcm - 2024-06-13

oh okay, you asking for ways to do it manually threw me off.

Quote:My true goal would be to automate this somehow, but I think that may be outside the realm of Jellyfin. However if someone does have a solution at some point, please share!

i'm not aware of any off-the-shelf solution but ...
well, there's always the jellyfin-api ... a bit of python/shell scripting can automate metadata editing.

but that seems like a lot of work when you can simply create a bunch of libraries and call it a day.