Jellyfin Forum
does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? (/t-does-anyone-know-why-i-don-t-get-backdrops-on-my-jellyfin-homepage)

does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - immafrog1337 - 2024-06-15

does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? i use firefox and my server is on windows.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-15

Make sure to enable the backdrops.

Client Settings > Display > Backdrops

This needs to be enabled on each web-based client as it's off by default. That also means that if you clear the client's cache, you'll need to renable it again.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - immafrog1337 - 2024-06-16

(2024-06-15, 11:49 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Make sure to enable the backdrops.

Client Settings > Display > Backdrops

This needs to be enabled on each web-based client as it's off by default. That also means that if you clear the client's cache, you'll need to renable it again.

i did... nothing changes. i have movies, shows. yet no backdrop on my jellyfin hompage.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-16

Does each show/movie have a "backdrop.jpg" saved for it? What settings did you set for your libraries to pull metadata from? Look in the libraries settings in the dashboard and see if you have the image sources enabled.

Also try clearing the cache (or try a private browser page to see if it's a cache issue).

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - immafrog1337 - 2024-06-16

(2024-06-16, 09:11 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Does each show/movie have a "backdrop.jpg" saved for it? What settings did you set for your libraries to pull metadata from? Look in the libraries settings in the dashboard and see if you have the image sources enabled.

Also try clearing the cache (or try a private browser page to see if it's a cache issue).

yeah the backdrop shows in the library but not in the homepage.

does save artwork into media folders need to be checked?

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-17

(2024-06-16, 10:35 PM)immafrog1337 Wrote: [quote="Efficient_Good_5784" pid='27146' dateline='1718572277']
does save artwork into media folders need to be checked?

No.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - immafrog1337 - 2024-06-19

okay i got the backdrop to work on on the homepage, but how come some backdrops of t.v shows don't show in the homepage.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-06-19

It should be random which backdrops are shown. How many backdrops does your server have? You would need to wait a long time to make sure each backdrop got displayed at least once.

Do you by chance just start your server and it only has a few shows or movies?

And do you have any parental restrictions set? Maybe those could be blocking certain show/movie content.

RE: does anyone know why i don't get backdrops on my jellyfin homepage? - immafrog1337 - 2024-06-21

(2024-06-19, 10:18 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: It should be random which backdrops are shown. How many backdrops does your server have? You would need to wait a long time to make sure each backdrop got displayed at least once.

Do you by chance just start your server and it only has a few shows or movies?

And do you have any parental restrictions set? Maybe those could be blocking certain show/movie content.

yeah my server only have a couple of shows and movies.