Jellyfin Forum
Building jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Building jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 (/t-building-jellyfin-ffmpeg-on-debian-12)

Building jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 - foxbat - 2024-06-16

Hello,

I am attempting to build jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 - however I am running into an issue when specifying the --enable-libshaderc configure option.

Configure complains with : "ERROR: shaderc >= 2019.1 not found using pkg-config" even though the libshaderc-dev package is installed."

And ffbuild/config.log is filled with errors like this:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/12/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libshaderc.so: undefined reference to glslang::TProgram::getInfoLog()'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/12/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libshaderc.so: undefined reference to
glslang::TShader::setNanMinMaxClamp(bool)'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/12/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libshaderc.so: undefined reference to glslang::TShader::setInvertY(bool)'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/12/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libshaderc.so: undefined reference to
glslang::TProgram::~TProgram()'

So it seems ffmpeg doesn't like the libshaderc provided by Debian? Or maybe the lib is just broken somehow in Debian? I've tried configuring it on another Debian 12 system with the same result.

I know there are pre-built binaries that will run fine on Debian 12 (and were presumably built on it), so I'm probably missing something. If someone who has successfully built ffmpeg with shaderc could let me know what I need to do to get that working, it would be much appreciated.

Here are the configure options I'm using, for reference:

./configure --prefix=/opt/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --d
isable-ffplay --disable-static --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-gmp --ena
ble-gnutls --enable-chromaprint --enable-libdrm --enable-libass --enable-opencl --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libfontcon
fig --enable-libbluray --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-shared --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopenmpt --enab
le-libdav1d --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg --enable
-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-nonfree --disable-ptx-
compression --enable-cuda-nvcc --enable-libnpp --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/cuda/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/cuda/lib64  --enable-li
bshaderc --enable-libplacebo --enable-vulkan --enable-vaapi --arch=amd64

RE: Building jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-16

What is the goal of manually building jellyfin-ffmpeg if you don't my asking?

RE: Building jellyfin-ffmpeg on Debian 12 - foxbat - 2024-06-16

(2024-06-16, 03:20 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: What is the goal of manually building jellyfin-ffmpeg if you don't my asking?

I want to build a binary for the ppc64le architecture.