Jellyfin Forum
Library scan issues - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Library scan issues (/t-library-scan-issues)

Library scan issues - enigmacarpc - 2024-06-17

Hello, after some of the recent Jallyfin updates I now have issues with new media scanning. If I add anything new to the library such as a new show or movie the media shows up as an unidentified show or movie. Some existing content like an ongoing TV show will show the new episode as long as there are existing shows from the series already identified. If I watch all the episodes then a new one comes out it will be unidentified.

This all started happening after all the recent Jellyfin updates, first, my directory scans were hanging on a couple of movies or shows. That seemed to be corrected in version 10.9.4 or something like that.

I see errors in the log both for media scanning and Trickplay extraction.

Here is the media scanning error:

--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RunTasks[T](Func3 task, IList1 children, IProgress1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress
1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.AggregateFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress
1 progress, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, Boolean allowRemoveRoot, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress
1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
[2024-06-17 21:03:42.002 +00:00] [INF] [101] Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor: Watching directory "/movies/Classics"
[2024-06-17 21:03:42.009 +00:00] [INF] [103] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: "Scan Media Library" Failed after 0 minute(s) and 17 seconds

RE: Library scan issues - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-17

Can you prove your full log via pastebin?

RE: Library scan issues - enigmacarpc - 2024-06-18

(2024-06-17, 09:23 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you prove your full log via pastebin?

Thanks for the help. I restarted Jellyfin last nite and the issues resolved itself, I did a library scan this morning and the problem is back. I had to remove several logs because of the Pasebin limits. There are hundreds of Trickplay errors. https://pastebin.com/TWscUb7e

RE: Library scan issues - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-18

Can you re-upload the log? It is pending moderation.

I'm sorry I have spent over an hour trying to get you the patebin. I have to keep cleaning the file to meet the Pastebin size requirement then its now saying there is offensive or questionable content that needs to be marked as private. There is no way to tell what the content is so I have to mark as private but that makes it so you can see it I guess.

Please see if this has enough info. https://pastebin.com/VMvq8A0n

Thank you

Firstly, disable DOTNET_SYSTEM_GLOBALIZATION_INVARIANT in your docker environment variables.

And what are your system specs? And what Linux distro? Is it a 32-bit OS or 64-bit?

(2024-06-18, 06:14 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Firstly, disable DOTNET_SYSTEM_GLOBALIZATION_INVARIANT in your docker environment variables.

And what are your system specs?  And what Linux distro?  Is it a 32-bit OS or 64-bit?

I have removed the DOTNET Global.

Jellyfin runs in docker on my Synology NAS DS920+ using the jellyfin/jellyfin image from Jellyfin

I don't transcode anything, I let my Apple TV do that. I have never had any issues until the release of something near 10.9.x  along with the change from the scrubber to Trickplay.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Try rescanning now. The DOTNET variable was the cause of at least this error message.

Code:
[2024-06-18 17:16:22.473 +00:00] [ERR] [60] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: Error executing Scheduled Task
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Text.Transliterator' threw an exception.
---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Globalization.UCultureInfo' threw an exception.

And for other users with library scan problems in Docker, disabling that DOTNET variable was the solution to their problem.

Scans are good right now after the change and reboot. I will test it for a couple of days before marking as solved, as it sometimes works after a reboot. Thanks for the help.