Jellyfin Forum
Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 (/t-music-and-video-sections-inaccessible-with-10-9-6)

Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - lakerssuperman - 2024-06-18

Currently running 10.9.6 in Docker on Debian and I'm unable to access the music library sections for albums, artists or album artists.  I get a spinner and nothing loads. Playlists and Genres load in music.  In addition, clicking on any specific letter in any of the music views will cause that group to load.  Example: I click on A and all the albums or artists starting with A load correctly.

I tried accessing the web view via Firefox and Chrome.  I also cleared the browser cache.  These steps did not solve the issue.

Search completely fails on Roku, while viewing in Firefox/Chrome I can search for artists or albums, but once the search is populated, clicking on any of the results does nothing.

Clicking into any of the views that do still work allows me to playback the music listed so I don't believe there is any issue with missing files or library problems.

I've also found that when I go into my movie library section and go to the genre view, it will load and seem fine.  However, if I click on any of the genres to expand and see the full selection, I'm met with the forever spinner again.

Logs show:
[2024-06-18 11:46:57.676 +00:00] [ERR] [105] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL "GET" "/Artists".
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Text.Transliterator' threw an exception.
---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Globalization.UCultureInfo' threw an exception.
---> System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Only the invariant culture is supported in globalization-invariant mode. See https://aka.ms/GlobalizationInvariantMode for more information. (Parameter 'name')
en is an invalid culture identifier.

Before I open an issue on github, I just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this behavior.  I haven't been able to find any reports about it, but I'm not sure it's just me.

Thank you!

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-18

Disable the DOTNET_SYSTEM_GLOBALIZATION_INVARIANT environment variable in Docker.

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - lakerssuperman - 2024-06-18

(2024-06-18, 12:42 PM)lakerssuperman Wrote: Currently running 10.9.6 in Docker on Debian and I'm unable to access the music library sections for albums, artists or album artists.  I get a spinner and nothing loads. Playlists and Genres load in music.  In addition, clicking on any specific letter in any of the music views will cause that group to load.  Example: I click on A and all the albums or artists starting with A load correctly.

I tried accessing the web view via Firefox and Chrome.  I also cleared the browser cache.  These steps did not solve the issue.

Search completely fails on Roku, while viewing in Firefox/Chrome I can search for artists or albums, but once the search is populated, clicking on any of the results does nothing.

Clicking into any of the views that do still work allows me to playback the music listed so I don't believe there is any issue with missing files or library problems.

I've also found that when I go into my movie library section and go to the genre view, it will load and seem fine.  However, if I click on any of the genres to expand and see the full selection, I'm met with the forever spinner again.

Logs show:
[2024-06-18 11:46:57.676 +00:00] [ERR] [105] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL "GET" "/Artists".
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Text.Transliterator' threw an exception.
---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'ICU4N.Globalization.UCultureInfo' threw an exception.
---> System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Only the invariant culture is supported in globalization-invariant mode. See https://aka.ms/GlobalizationInvariantMode for more information. (Parameter 'name')

Before I open an issue on github, I just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this behavior.  I haven't been able to find any reports about it, but I'm not sure it's just me.

Thank you!

Thank you!  That fixed it.  As I've just been running the basic Jellyfin Docker container and only modified things for GPU and storage, could you tell me what that variable does and why it was turned on?  Just trying to learn from the bug.  Thanks again.

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-18

It changes the way that .Net handles non-English letters.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/runtime-config/globalization#invariant-mode

As to how it got enabled, no idea. Maybe it is enabled by default in a later revision of .Net? IDK.

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - lakerssuperman - 2024-06-18

(2024-06-18, 02:07 PM)lakerssuperman Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 12:42 PM)lakerssuperman Wrote: Currently running 10.9.6 in Docker on Debian and I'm unable to access the music library sections for albums, artists or album artists.  I get a spinner and nothing loads. Playlists and Genres load in music.  In addition, clicking on any specific letter in any of the music views will cause that group to load.  Example: I click on A and all the albums or artists starting with A load correctly.

Logs show:

Thank you!

Thank you!  That fixed it.  As I've just been running the basic Jellyfin Docker container and only modified things for GPU and storage, could you tell me what that variable does and why it was turned on?  Just trying to learn from the bug.  Thanks again.

Ohhh thank you.

I actually spoke too soon.  Your fix resolves the issues with web browser viewing, but music is still not working correctly on my Finamp and on the Roku client.

Here is the log from when I tried to access music from my Roku:

[2024-06-18 22:57:02.559 +00:00] [ERR] [45] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL "GET" "/Users/b8d269e19502481a9484b8c7c40334d3/Items".
System.InvalidOperationException: The data is NULL at ordinal 1. This method can't be called on NULL values. Check using IsDBNull before calling.
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataRecord.GetNull[T](Int32 ordinal)
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteValueReader.GetBlob(Int32 ordinal)
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataRecord.GetCachedBlob(Int32 ordinal)
  at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataRecord.GetStream(Int32 ordinal)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItem(SqliteDataReader reader, InternalItemsQuery query, Boolean enableProgramAttributes, Boolean hasEpisodeAttributes, Boolean hasServiceName, Boolean queryHasStartDate, Boolean hasTrailerTypes, Boolean hasArtistFields, Boolean hasSeriesFields, Boolean skipDeserialization)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemList(InternalItemsQuery query)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.AddChildrenToList(Dictionary2 result, Boolean includeLinkedChildren, Boolean recursive, Func2 filter)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.MusicAlbum.get_Tracks()
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetChildCount(User user)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.AttachUserSpecificInfo(BaseItemDto dto, BaseItem item, User user, DtoOptions options)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.GetBaseItemDtoInternal(BaseItem item, DtoOptions options, User user, BaseItem owner)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.GetBaseItemDtos(IReadOnlyList1 items, DtoOptions options, User user, BaseItem owner)
  at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.ItemsController.GetItems(Nullable
1 userId, String maxOfficialRating, Nullable1 hasThemeSong, Nullable1 hasThemeVideo, Nullable1 hasSubtitles, Nullable1 hasSpecialFeature, Nullable1 hasTrailer, Nullable1 adjacentTo, Nullable1 parentIndexNumber, Nullable1 hasParentalRating, Nullable1 isHd, Nullable1 is4K, LocationType[] locationTypes, LocationType[] excludeLocationTypes, Nullable1 isMissing, Nullable1 isUnaired, Nullable1 minCommunityRating, Nullable1 minCriticRating, Nullable1 minPremiereDate, Nullable1 minDateLastSaved, Nullable1 minDateLastSavedForUser, Nullable1 maxPremiereDate, Nullable1 hasOverview, Nullable1 hasImdbId, Nullable1 hasTmdbId, Nullable1 hasTvdbId, Nullable1 isMovie, Nullable1 isSeries, Nullable1 isNews, Nullable1 isKids, Nullable1 isSports, Guid[] excludeItemIds, Nullable1 startIndex, Nullable1 limit, Nullable1 recursive, String searchTerm, SortOrder[] sortOrder, Nullable1 parentId, ItemFields[] fields, BaseItemKind[] excludeItemTypes, BaseItemKind[] includeItemTypes, ItemFilter[] filters, Nullable1 isFavorite, MediaType[] mediaTypes, ImageType[] imageTypes, ItemSortBy[] sortBy, Nullable1 isPlayed, String[] genres, String[] officialRatings, String[] tags, Int32[] years, Nullable1 enableUserData, Nullable1 imageTypeLimit, ImageType[] enableImageTypes, String person, Guid[] personIds, String[] personTypes, String[] studios, String[] artists, Guid[] excludeArtistIds, Guid[] artistIds, Guid[] albumArtistIds, Guid[] contributingArtistIds, String[] albums, Guid[] albumIds, Guid[] ids, VideoType[] videoTypes, String minOfficialRating, Nullable1 isLocked, Nullable1 isPlaceHolder, Nullable1 hasOfficialRating, Nullable1 collapseBoxSetItems, Nullable1 minWidth, Nullable1 minHeight, Nullable1 maxWidth, Nullable1 maxHeight, Nullable1 is3D, SeriesStatus[] seriesStatus, String nameStartsWithOrGreater, String nameStartsWith, String nameLessThan, Guid[] studioIds, Guid[] genreIds, Boolean enableTotalRecordCount, Nullable1 enableImages)
  at Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.ItemsController.GetItemsByUserIdLegacy(Guid userId, String maxOfficialRating, Nullable
1 hasThemeSong, Nullable1 hasThemeVideo, Nullable1 hasSubtitles, Nullable1 hasSpecialFeature, Nullable1 hasTrailer, Nullable1 adjacentTo, Nullable1 parentIndexNumber, Nullable1 hasParentalRating, Nullable1 isHd, Nullable1 is4K, LocationType[] locationTypes, LocationType[] excludeLocationTypes, Nullable1 isMissing, Nullable1 isUnaired, Nullable1 minCommunityRating, Nullable1 minCriticRating, Nullable1 minPremiereDate, Nullable1 minDateLastSaved, Nullable1 minDateLastSavedForUser, Nullable1 maxPremiereDate, Nullable1 hasOverview, Nullable1 hasImdbId, Nullable1 hasTmdbId, Nullable1 hasTvdbId, Nullable1 isMovie, Nullable1 isSeries, Nullable1 isNews, Nullable1 isKids, Nullable1 isSports, Guid[] excludeItemIds, Nullable1 startIndex, Nullable1 limit, Nullable1 recursive, String searchTerm, SortOrder[] sortOrder, Nullable1 parentId, ItemFields[] fields, BaseItemKind[] excludeItemTypes, BaseItemKind[] includeItemTypes, ItemFilter[] filters, Nullable1 isFavorite, MediaType[] mediaTypes, ImageType[] imageTypes, ItemSortBy[] sortBy, Nullable1 isPlayed, String[] genres, String[] officialRatings, String[] tags, Int32[] years, Nullable1 enableUserData, Nullable1 imageTypeLimit, ImageType[] enableImageTypes, String person, Guid[] personIds, String[] personTypes, String[] studios, String[] artists, Guid[] excludeArtistIds, Guid[] artistIds, Guid[] albumArtistIds, Guid[] contributingArtistIds, String[] albums, Guid[] albumIds, Guid[] ids, VideoType[] videoTypes, String minOfficialRating, Nullable1 isLocked, Nullable1 isPlaceHolder, Nullable1 hasOfficialRating, Nullable1 collapseBoxSetItems, Nullable1 minWidth, Nullable1 minHeight, Nullable1 maxWidth, Nullable1 maxHeight, Nullable1 is3D, SeriesStatus[] seriesStatus, String nameStartsWithOrGreater, String nameStartsWith, String nameLessThan, Guid[] studioIds, Guid[] genreIds, Boolean enableTotalRecordCount, Nullable1 enableImages)
  at lambda_method400(Closure, Object, Object[])
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncObjectResultExecutor.Execute(ActionContext actionContext, IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|25_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
  at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.InvokeFilterPipelineAsync()

Again, thank you for any help you can provide!

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-19

Unfortunately, everyone who has reported this particular log ended up having to start from scratch. One of the devs suspects that one of the upgrade migrations (database changes performed on the first startup post upgrade) took too long and docker killed Jellyfin before it completed.

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - theguymadmax - 2024-06-19

The dev posted this as a potential fix:

Stop Jellyfin, remove the entry below from your migrations.xml in the config folder and restart Jellyfin. Wait until the migration completes;
    <ValueTupleOfGuidString>
      <Item1>cf6fabc2-9fbe-4933-84a5-ffe52ef22a58</Item1>
      <Item2>FixAudioData</Item2>
    </ValueTupleOfGuidString>

RE: Music and Video Sections Inaccessible with 10.9.6 - lakerssuperman - 2024-06-19

Removing that entry seems to have fixed the issues. I'll do a little more checking to make sure everything is back as it should be. Much appreciated!