Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching (/t-solved-every-movie-shows-in-continue-watching)

Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - cordlord - 2024-06-18

This has been going on since I installed Jellyfin. Every movie shows watch progress, but only up to 37 minutes and 19 seconds. Every. Single. One. It doesn't matter if it's brand new or I just watched it. They all show in my "Continue Watching" with the exact same amount of progress displayed.

When I go through the tedious process of clearing them all by marking them all "unplayed" they just all return again the next day.

This is incredibly frustrating and makes using the platform nearly unbearable.

RE: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - podonnell - 2024-06-18

Are you syncing playtime with any external plugins like Trakt or Simkl? Sounds like a scheduled job may be pulling in your playtime from somewhere.
I don't use many plugins myself, but I know Trakt has one for importing the playback progress. Perhaps something in your Scheduled Tasks that is happening each day?

RE: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-19

I have also seen other users with similar "next up" and "continue watching" bugs track it to the Trakt plugin.

RE: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - cordlord - 2024-06-25

(2024-06-18, 09:43 PM)podonnell Wrote: Are you syncing playtime with any external plugins like Trakt or Simkl? Sounds like a scheduled job may be pulling in your playtime from somewhere.
I don't use many plugins myself, but I know Trakt has one for importing the playback progress. Perhaps something in your Scheduled Tasks that is happening each day?

I am not using Trakt or Simkl that I know of.

I do use Kodi, but that uses the official plugin to sync.

Otherwise, I use the web app and Android app. Nothing else is connected to my instance. Of mine anyway.

Is there something I can do to reset a cache or database somewhere? Every movie is now marked as played until the exact same 37 or 39 minute mark, whether it's watched or not. This appears to only affect movies and not shows thankfully.

RE: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - podonnell - 2024-06-25

(2024-06-25, 02:45 PM)cordlord Wrote:
(2024-06-18, 09:43 PM)podonnell Wrote: Are you syncing playtime with any external plugins like Trakt or Simkl? Sounds like a scheduled job may be pulling in your playtime from somewhere.

Otherwise, I use the web app and Android app. Nothing else is connected to my instance. Of mine anyway.

Is there something I can do to reset a cache or database somewhere? Every movie is now marked as played until the exact same 37 or 39 minute mark, whether it's watched or not. This appears to only affect movies and not shows thankfully.

Check your Dashboard --> Plugins to make sure Trakt is not enabled somehow. You may also want to check 'Scheduled Tasks' and see if there are any import jobs for importing a library or watch status.

RE: Every Movie shows in Continue Watching - cordlord - 2024-06-26

(2024-06-25, 02:48 PM)podonnell Wrote:
(2024-06-25, 02:45 PM)cordlord Wrote:

Check your Dashboard --> Plugins to make sure Trakt is not enabled somehow. You may also want to check 'Scheduled Tasks' and see if there are any import jobs for importing a library or watch status.

Tract was not enabled. And I didn't see any tasks.

I noticed this issue was not happening for my admin user.
I ended up creating a third user, deleting the second one with the errors, and resetting my Kodi database.
I did also find a Trakt API key in Kodi with the Embuary plugin, but I know I did not put that there. I cleared that out as well.
All appears to be fixed now.