Jellyfin Forum
Playlists disappeared after the update - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Playlists disappeared after the update (/t-playlists-disappeared-after-the-update)

Playlists disappeared after the update - pixel24 - 2024-06-19

Hi all,

The topic of playlists in Jellyfin is really a drama! I have just installed an update from 10.8.13 to 10.9.6 on an Ubuntu server (24.04-LTS).
Since the users are in an LDAP/ADS (Univention), I had to remove the LDAP plugin after the upgrade and then reinstall it. Otherwise, it was not possible to log in as a user.
After that, I was able to log in as a user again, and my favorites were also present. However, no playlists are being displayed anymore :-(
On the JF server itself, all playlists are present in:
Code:
/var/lib/jellyfin/data/playlists/
What do I need to do to have them displayed in the web UI again?

with best

RE: Playlists disappeared after the update - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-19

If you create a new playlist are you able to see that?

If so, you can create a new playlist and then copy the contents of the XML for the old playlist and paste into the new XML. But only the portion with the playlist entries.

Code:
<PlaylistItems>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/library/Music/Elfen Lied/Elfen Lied OST/00 Lilium.mp3</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/library/Music/Rush/2112/01 2112.mp3</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/library/Music/Marina and The Diamonds/Electra Heart/04 Homewrecker.flac</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
    <PlaylistItem>
      <Path>/media/library/Music/Marina and The Diamonds/Electra Heart/07 Power &amp; Control.flac</Path>
    </PlaylistItem>
  </PlaylistItems>

RE: Playlists disappeared after the update - theguymadmax - 2024-06-19

Could be related to this bug. There's a potential fix for a future server release.

RE: Playlists disappeared after the update - pixel24 - 2024-06-20

Creating new playlists is not a problem and they are visible. I tried creating a new playlist and copying the XML tags Playlistitem... from the old one, but that didn't work.

I think I was able to solve the problem and also found a way to copy my playlists to other users. I was now able to transfer all playlists from my Ubuntu VM (10.8.13 -> 10.9.6) to a new Debian VM.

I will test this further and report back.

In conclusion, I can say that there are still some issues with playlists that do not work as most users would like, but I can now use the system as it is.

RE: Playlists disappeared after the update - pixel24 - 2024-06-20

Spoke too soon. Once again, JF has removed all items from the playlists even though all shares are available. It's really frustrating.

RE: Playlists disappeared after the update - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-20

There is a playlist and collections cleanup job in Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks. Try disabling that job.