Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Fanart not pulling images - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Fanart not pulling images (/t-solved-fanart-not-pulling-images)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fanart not pulling images - podonnell - 2024-06-23

I'm trying to pull in Collection images, just added Fanart as a plugin, but images are returning no results.

I've confirmed one example here that shows the images exist:
https://fanart.tv/movie/9818/mortal-kombat-collection/

But no image found when searching Fanart:
https://i.imgur.com/dnXmdvK.png

The only restriction with fanart is it won't pull images that were created 7 days ago or less. But this image is years old.

Anything I am missing?

RE: Fanart not pulling images - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-23

Are you using a reverse proxy? Is there anything in your browser dev console? How about your jellyfin logs?

RE: Fanart not pulling images - podonnell - 2024-06-24

(2024-06-23, 05:02 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Are you using a reverse proxy?  Is there anything in your browser dev console?  How about your jellyfin logs?

ooooh, yes. I do have a reverse proxy, but it pulls in other metadata just fine, like poster art and what not.

however checking logs, there are tons of:

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).
  at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveImage(BaseItem item, String url, ImageType type, Nullable`1 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo image, Int32 imageIndex, Boolean removeOnFailure)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateImagesAsync(BaseItem item, Boolean forceUpdate)
[2024-06-23 19:44:49.803 -04:00] [WRN] [104] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Cannot fetch image from "https://image.tmdb.org/t/p//sFSMPVes4wDbeqgksaiRjTKFo7K.jpg". Http status code: BadRequest
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).

My reverse proxy though is set for traffic coming in, I am not proxying any traffic originating from my server going outbound. Would that still be an impact?

RE: Fanart not pulling images - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-24

Is Fanart the highest priority image provider in your library settings? I also had to turn off other providers to get it to grab fanart images. Though that may have been me being impatient. It may still work with other providers enabled as long as fanart is the higher priority.

I'm asking around about the TMDB error message. When I put that URL in my browser it also failed.

(2024-06-24, 01:31 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Is Fanart the highest priority image provider in your library settings?  I also had to turn off other providers to get it to grab fanart images.  Though that may have been me being impatient.  It may still work with other providers enabled as long as fanart is the higher priority.

I'm asking around about the TMDB error message.  When I put that URL in my browser it also failed.

I tried adding an API key and moving up the priority
[Image: image.png]

However, I still get zero results. Even when I manually search on FanArt, nothing comes back:

Just also tried entirely disabling the other provider and it still came up with zero.

Also appreciate you checking into the other error, my logs are full of that when I started looking.

RE: Fanart not pulling images - Oddstr13 - 2024-06-24

The URL in the error is missing the image size field for some reason.
Could you check the TMDb plugin settings (admin dashboard, under plugins).
On my instance, the image scaling settings are all set to original.

(2024-06-24, 02:32 AM)podonnell Wrote:
(2024-06-24, 01:31 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Is Fanart the highest priority image provider in your library settings?  I also had to turn off other providers to get it to grab fanart images.  Though that may have been me being impatient.  It may still work with other providers enabled as long as fanart is the higher priority.

I'm asking around about the TMDB error message.  When I put that URL in my browser it also failed.

However, I still get zero results. Even when I manually search on FanArt, nothing comes back:

Just also tried entirely disabling the other provider and it still came up with zero.

Also appreciate you checking into the other error, my logs are full of that when I started looking.

Can you share your full server log via pastebin.  I can't replicate your problem on my system.

Can you fully describe your setup?  Specs, OS, virtualization, reverse proxies, VPNs, etc.

(2024-06-24, 02:47 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2024-06-24, 02:32 AM)podonnell Wrote:

Can you share your full server log via pastebin.  I can't replicate your problem on my system.

Can you fully describe your setup?  Specs, OS, virtualization, reverse proxies, VPNs, etc.

My latest log is returning 'Error processing request.', so this is my log from yesterday.

Server is an i7-4790k, running Windows 10. The server is running a reverse proxy for connections coming inbound only. No VPN. No docker or any virtualization, JF is running installed locally on the server.

https://pastebin.com/j7dfLkkL

(2024-06-24, 11:38 AM)Oddstr13 Wrote: The URL in the error is missing the image size field for some reason.
Could you check the TMDb plugin settings (admin dashboard, under plugins).
On my instance, the image scaling settings are all set to original.

Thank you for this! They were all blank for some reason, so I set to original. That should hopefully stop all my errors.

My fanart is still not pulling data, but I know that is separate.

Hmmm. Can you "replace all metadata" and replace all images on a show? Then share the log. What you shared doesn't have any fanart related logs, AFAICT.

(2024-06-24, 08:23 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Hmmm.  Can you "replace all metadata" and replace all images on a show?  Then share the log.  What you shared doesn't have any fanart related logs, AFAICT.

I'm continuing to get Error processing request. when I try to open my most recent Jellyfin log. Sorry to throw another issue on you, but any idea why that is happening? Server is running fine otherwise.

I also tried to lower down the minimum resolution for images to pull, as well as enabled a few other image types on the Collection library, but still got zero back.

Edit: I was able to go into the log file itself. However I'm not seeing any of my attempts to download the images either. The activity before this in the log is hours ago.
Do I need to set a higher log level?

[2024-06-24 15:44:10.869 -04:00] [INF] [77] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: "Update Plugins" Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
[2024-06-24 16:45:21.922 -04:00] [INF] [97] Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.WebSocketManager: WS "192.168.1.151" request
[2024-06-24 16:47:50.099 -04:00] [ERR] [86] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: "The process cannot access the file '\Jellyfin\Data\log\log_20240624.log' because it is being used by another process". URL "GET" "/System/Logs/Log".
[2024-06-24 16:50:34.099 -04:00] [INF] [25] Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener: Sending ForceKeepAlive message to 1 inactive WebSockets.
[2024-06-24 16:50:59.066 -04:00] [ERR] [122] Jellyfin.Api.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request: "The process cannot access the file '\Jellyfin\Data\log\log_20240624.log' because it is being used by another process". URL "GET" "/System/Logs/Log".