Jellyfin Forum
Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Long loading time only on new TV show episodes (/t-long-loading-time-only-on-new-tv-show-episodes)

Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - arctic - 2024-06-23

Like the title says, I'm dealing with a long loading time when playing TV episodes. It goes into the player view, but just shows a black screen w/ blue loading wheel for around 15 seconds. I've now confirmed that this is ONLY happening when I play an episode of a TV show that I have not played recently (I am not sure how recent). If I open a movie it always loads instantly. If I open a TV episode that I've recently started/watched the 15 seconds for, it also loads instantly. However, I've also tried opening an episode I've previously fully watched, and it has the same 15 second pause before it plays. Also notable is that my server's storage usage light turns on solid while this 15 seconds of processing is happening, so it seems to have something to do with fetching/processing data, but it can't be transfer speed issues since movies always play fine.. It seems to me like there's some long operation that has to happen for new TV episodes but I assumed that would happen before I can attempt to play it, right? Any help would be appreciated.

Jellyfin Situation:

- Docker container inside Proxmox Docker LXC (4C 16GB RAM dedicated)
- HW Transcoding disabled
- Media library stored on ZFS share but not being used by any other service yet

RE: Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-23

Can you share your jellyfin logs via pastebin? And give an example episode/show so I can more easily find it in your log?

RE: Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - arctic - 2024-06-24

(2024-06-23, 10:58 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share your jellyfin logs via pastebin?  And give an example episode/show so I can more easily find it in your log?

here's my log file, and the specific episode is S04E03-04 - Dunder Mifflin Infinity that it happened on.

thanks in advance

.txt   Log1.txt (Size: 193.94 KB / Downloads: 4)

RE: Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-25

I don't see anything out of the ordinary other than a bunch of authentication messages. It is direct playing so the playback start up should be almost instant. What plugins do you have installed?

RE: Long loading time only on new TV show episodes - arctic - 2024-06-25

(2024-06-25, 01:38 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: I don't see anything out of the ordinary other than a bunch of authentication messages.  It is direct playing so the playback start up should be almost instant.  What plugins do you have installed?

Hmm, weird. That log is in debug mode aswell so it should be showing everything. I have no plugins installed, but for a reason that actually may be related.. Yesterday when I was trying to look at the plugin catalog it would just infinitely load, and I found out I couldn't connect to repo.jellyfin.org on my browser without using my VPN. I was thinking my public IP was blocked for some reason, but today my plugin catalog loads, and I haven't had this loading issue either. I'm thinking these things are related, but still unsure why I wouldn't be able to connect to the repo.. I'll update again if I'm able to reproduce it.