Jellyfin Forum
Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed (/t-keeps-downloading-subtitles-that-have-already-been-grabbed)

Pages: 1 2

Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-06-24

As the subject states, I have been having an issue with Jellyfin in which it is downloading subtitles for items that it actually has already downloaded the subtitles for.  I have noticed it was not even downloading subtitles for awhile since I knew of ones it needed but even opensubtitles stated I had only downloaded like 2 out of the 20 total.  Was this an issue with an older version of Jellyfin? I have just updated it but the other version might have been at most a month old. I have added a file that should show up that I hope helps.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-06-25

Are there any suggestions why this is occuring?

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-25

Is there anything in your logs? I'm having a heck of a time just getting opensubtitles to download anything in my case.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-07-05

Nothing in my logs. It just shows it is trying to get subtitles downloaded for titles I know they already have downloads for since it puts a .0 between the .eng and the .srt. So it knows that there is something there but doesn't care.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-07-09

I am going on vacation but where should I put my logs?

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-09

(2024-07-09, 01:20 AM)Opetyr Wrote: I am going on vacation but where should I put my logs?
You can paste your logs on pastebin and share them here.
You can also zip them up and share them as an attachment here too.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-07-24

Sorry for the late reply.  

Got back and grabbed two old log in which there would be no additional information. Them label is the date of the log.  One day had no downloads of subtitles at all which was strange and then the next day I got 14 duplicated subtitle downloads.  I have paid for the opensubtitles thing so I have 1k downloads but every day it just picks a random assortment of ones that might need subtitles and many that already have subtitles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated since I decided to not pay  for the opensubtitles if there is this big of an issue. When on vacation it never used the full 1k but within 2 weeks it downloaded 90 movie subtitles that are all duplicates.

It will pick a random number anywhere from none to 24+. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-25

Where do you see the duplicated downloads? Was that in a log from before you went on vacation? The logs you posted don't have any duplicate downloads.

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - Opetyr - 2024-08-08

I have every day if you look at my pictures. It is downloading the subtitles for ones I already have.  See picture. Every day it just grabs the same subtitles for things I already have subtitles for since you can see in my second picture every single one ends with .eng.#.  The number indicates that there is already a subtitle and so it just adds a .0 or .1.  Look at the third picture called Austin.  It is the EXACT SAME FILE that it has downloaded, 2 on the same day. Is there a specific setting I am missing that needs to be set so it doesn't keep downloading the same subtitles for ones already with a set of subtitles since it keeps downloading something I already have? It also doesn't even notice new movies and adds subtitles for them since it seems to think that it has no subtitles.

I forgot to add but for a long time there would be no subtitles added since I had added nothing. but May 25th (probably an update) it started adding in repeated downloaded subtitles.

Also do I just have a temp "downloading library" that I then send over to the main once I know they have all the subtitles?

RE: Keeps downloading subtitles that have already been grabbed - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-08

Huh.  I don't use OpenSubtitles in my main instance, but I do in my test instance.  And it is also duplicating downloads.

Code:
[2024-08-07 20:28:27.985 +00:00] [INF] [93] Jellyfin.Plugin.OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader: Remaining downloads: 18
[2024-08-07 20:28:28.208 +00:00] [INF] [74] MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager: Saving subtitles to "/media/storage2/testShows/Sailor Moon/Season 1/s01e39.eng.0.srt"
Code:
-rw-rw---- 1 chris    jellyfin    22868 Aug  7 16:28 s01e39.eng.0.srt
-rw-rw---- 1 chris    jellyfin    22868 Jul 22 13:36 s01e39.eng.srt
-rw-rw---- 1 chris    jellyfin 797695327 May  2 21:05 s01e39.mkv
-rw-rw---- 1 chris    jellyfin      6730 Aug  4 12:41 s01e39.nfo

This definitely looks like a bug in the plugin.

Go ahead and report an issue on the plugin's git.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plugin-opensubtitles/issues