Jellyfin Forum
Thank you for this great software - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-discussion)
+--- Thread: Thank you for this great software (/t-thank-you-for-this-great-software)

Thank you for this great software - Neutro - 2024-06-27

Hey!

Just wanted to say thanks to all contributors of Jellyfin, i discovered it yesterday and it worked beyond my expectations!

RE: Thank you for this great software - cecilgagne - 2024-07-18

Agree. I've used Jellyfin for a month and I think this app is awesome.

RE: Thank you for this great software - DaveS00 - 2024-07-21

I've been a JF user fro years. Just upgraded from 10.8 to 10.9 on my aging Hp Microserver - and wow. Feels quicker, snappier across the UX. Great job to all the dev and a big thank you for all the hard work.

RE: Thank you for this great software - Host-in-the-Shell - 2024-07-22

Jellyfin has become my absolute favorite piece of software that I host, despite serving over a dozen other services in my home network. Having being a digital media enthusiast since I started high school circa 2004, I've tried to keep makeshift media servers since at least the mid 2000s. Many of these experiments failed, others were successful in only the most rudimentary of ways.

I gave up on the idea after college and life happened, around the early 2010s; recently, when I discovered Jellyfin in 2021, all that passion came back and my dream was finally realized, as Jellyfin has allowed me to organize, broadcast and share my digital media exactly how I always envisioned from the start.

The fact that this incredible project is free and open source, community driven, and powered entirely through voluntary work is nothing short of outstanding and I have nothing but the upmost respect for anybody who helps make it happen.

Thank you all.

RE: Thank you for this great software - Mahnogard - 2024-07-24

I'll join the party! I set up my latest server last weekend, so I'm a "recent reinstaller". I last had an install running a couple of years or so ago and daaaang, y'all done good!! I mean, it was working fine when I used it last but now it's so smooth and it is also handling my music stash with no hiccups. (It actually processed my music folder faster than anything ever has this time around. The last time I tried, it choked partway and eventually made it through after a couple days. LOL Nothing in that folder has changed at all in the past two years so that was all you. Or maybe it was the hardware I was running it on then. Can't rule that out, I guess.)

I've been serverless because life happens and I moved and then last weekend I just REALLY wanted to watch The Virginian. (Some people are motivated by money. I'm motivated by James Drury.) So I nearly broke my back getting the hardware set up and moving furniture to accommodate, and then I spent maybe a total of 15 minutes downloading and setting up the server. (Bless me for choosing to save the important bits to the media folders on that long ago day. I made good choices that day. Yay me!)  

It's running great, currently on a 2019 Lenovo desktop I inherited from an old lady I knew and adored. I named the server BiddyBox in her honor. Currently serving to my desktop browser for music and a collection of Rokus (both TV and Express devices) for video. I'm not doing anything demanding, nearly my entire collection is classic tv and movies from standard DVD, but still, nothing has ever been this flawless. I even set up an m3u tuner for LocalsNow and it's way snappier these days. I still want iptv groups read and displayed from the m3u but we can't have everything. Grinning-face

It might seem weird, but I'm feeling a bit emotional about the whole thing. I almost feel bonded to the OG code because I've sorta been with it off and on since the original WMC days and was loosely involved in theming, documentation, and support along the way and... Well, I'm here and I use and love JF so, you know what I'm sayin'. Thanks for this.  Red-heart