Jellyfin Forum
Can't add libraries - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Can't add libraries (/t-can-t-add-libraries)

Pages: 1 2

Can't add libraries - roxics - 2024-06-30

I was already able to add my first library without issue when setting up the system to begin with.
Most of the time when trying to add a second library it pops up with an error message window that disappears too quickly to read. 

I've read elsewhere I might need to change permissions. Which is strange since I already added a library without issue. But I'm not sure where I would do that anyway.

RE: Can't add libraries - TheDreadPirate - 2024-06-30

What OS is your server running?

RE: Can't add libraries - roxics - 2024-06-30

10.9.6 on MacOS 12.7.4 Monterey

RE: Can't add libraries - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-01

Are you just not able to add the folder? Or are you adding the folder and it isn't being read in?

Either way, can you share your jellyfin log via pastebin?

RE: Can't add libraries - roxics - 2024-07-02

When I click Add Media Library I get the window that lets me fill out the form but when I go to save it, it disappears and nothing is created. Sometimes it gives me a message that pops up that is too quick to read before it disappears, other times nothing.

Alright I did a screen record and slowed down the error message that kept disappearing too quickly, it wanted me to add a media folder. Didn't even see the add folder section. So now that I've done that it's giving me another error that is: There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and Jellyfin has access to that location.

It should since one of my other media folders is on that same hard drive and it had no problem adding it. The permissions are the same for both.

RE: Can't add libraries - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-02

Ok. Can you replicate the problem then share your full jellyfin log via pastebin?

RE: Can't add libraries - theguymadmax - 2024-07-02

When you add media to your library are you adding in folders?

Click on the plus icon next to Folders to add in folders where your media is stored.

There are some fail safes that remind you that need to add folders if left blank, but I've gone through this before and forgotten to add in my folders and the warning message about needing to add in a folder doesn't appear, leading me to create nothing once I hit Ok.

RE: Can't add libraries - roxics - 2024-07-02

Alright I did a screen record and slowed down the error message that kept disappearing too quickly, it wanted me to add a media folder. Didn't even see the add folder section. So now that I've done that it's giving me another error that is: There was an error adding the media path. Please ensure the path is valid and Jellyfin has access to that location.

It should since one of my other media folders is on that same hard drive and it had no problem adding it. The permissions are the same for both.

RE: Can't add libraries - theguymadmax - 2024-07-02

Make sure you don't type in the folder name, that you are browsing to the folder location.

RE: Can't add libraries - roxics - 2024-07-03

(2024-07-02, 08:31 PM)theguymadmax Wrote: Make sure you don't type in the folder name, that you are browsing to the folder location.

As best I can from the list but still the same error.