Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable (/t-solved-newly-downloaded-album-tracks-not-showing-unplayable)

Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Vida - 2024-07-01

Issue:
Album shows as available to play but tracks are not showing. I have verified the files and they are playable outside of Jellyfin.

What it should look like: https://i.gyazo.com/4b667da3f699a28d89e71c06dd53709e.png

What it looks like: https://i.gyazo.com/665e449c538a7f2156fb8b94474a4447.png

Running a 10.9.7 server hosted on a Linux docker container. Here is the compose config:

Code:
  jellyfin:
    image: jellyfin/jellyfin:latest
    user: 114:122
    container_name: jellyfin
    environment:
      - TZ=Pacific/Auckland
      - JELLYFIN_CACHE_DIR=/var/cache/jellyfin
      - JELLYFIN_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/jellyfin
      - JELLYFIN_DATA_DIR=/var/lib/jellyfin
      - JELLYFIN_LOG_DIR=/var/log/jellyfin
    restart: 'unless-stopped'
    ports:
      - "8097:8096"
      - "8921:8920"
    volumes:
      - /etc/jellyfin:/etc/jellyfin
      - /var/cache/jellyfin:/var/cache/jellyfin
      - /var/lib/jellyfin:/var/lib/jellyfin
      - /var/log/jellyfin:/var/log/jellyfin
      - /mnt/media:/mnt/media
    networks:
      - jellyfish

I recently ish migrated the server to a docker container that just points to the jellyfin config that was already there and have upgraded the jellyfin instance a few times since then. All my old media plays fine its the newly downloaded audio media that has the issue. Shows and Movies recently downloaded have no issues playing. Logs (attached end of post restart logs) show lots of null value and permission denied errors which don't make sense to me as all files are rwx to all users and the media exists...

Any help is welcome I've been running around in circles coming up with nothing. Thanks in advance!

RE: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-01

Did you by chance copy your Jellyfin config files while the server was running?

RE: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Vida - 2024-07-01

(2024-07-01, 10:15 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Did you by chance copy your Jellyfin config files while the server was running?

Thanks for you reply! To answer, I never technically copied the config files, they stayed where they were and I just pointed the dockerfile to use the pre existing config files. But yes, it is very likely I still had my Jellyfin server running on Ubuntu as I spin up the docker version. Would corrupt config files require a full reinstall? Meaning I loose all my configs?

RE: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-01

(2024-07-01, 11:30 PM)Vida Wrote: But yes, it is very likely I still had my Jellyfin server running on Ubuntu as I spin up the docker version. Would corrupt config files require a full reinstall? Meaning I loose all my configs?
What most likely happened is that both the server running on Ubuntu and the server on Docker accessed the database files at the same time. This is bad. The database needs only one server accessing it. Having two access it will just corrupt things in the database.

So yeah, your database is most likely toast in some aspects. The good news is that it looks like you can still navigate your server, so you can pull out any custom metadata you want to keep for the future good server.

Next time, make sure to turn off your main server, then copy its config folder into a new location as a backup. Then run the new server on the config folder. If the new server breaks things, you now have the backup that you can copy back over. Never delete the backup until you're sure everything is fine and settled.

Also, reinstalling with Docker is just launching a new container. Make a new blank folder for the new config location. Host mount it as /config at the time of creation, and the Jellyfin image should auto-populate the folder with all its config data.

RE: Newly downloaded album tracks not showing/unplayable - Vida - 2024-07-02

(2024-07-01, 11:51 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote:
(2024-07-01, 11:30 PM)Vida Wrote: But yes, it is very likely I still had my Jellyfin server running on Ubuntu as I spin up the docker version. Would corrupt config files require a full reinstall? Meaning I loose all my configs?
What most likely happened is that both the server running on Ubuntu and the server on Docker accessed the database files at the same time. This is bad. The database needs only one server accessing it. Having two access it will just corrupt things in the database.

So yeah, your database is most likely toast in some aspects. The good news is that it looks like you can still navigate your server, so you can pull out any custom metadata you want to keep for the future good server.

Next time, make sure to turn off your main server, then copy its config folder into a new location as a backup. Then run the new server on the config folder. If the new server breaks things, you now have the backup that you can copy back over. Never delete the backup until you're sure everything is fine and settled.

Also, reinstalling with Docker is just launching a new container. Make a new blank folder for the new config location. Host mount it as /config at the time of creation, and the Jellyfin image should auto-populate the folder with all its config data.

Thanks for the pointers! I being the noob that I am unfortunately couldn't isolate the data that was corrupted and ended up forcing myself to full reinstall (had dedicated too much time to fixing it as it was). So that solved it! All be it at the cost of all me and my users watch data etc.