Jellyfin Forum
Playback issue on Android TV app - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Playback issue on Android TV app (/t-playback-issue-on-android-tv-app)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-04

Hi, I'm using Jellyfin for some time now and I encounter with an issue. When I'm trying to watch a video in HEVC format the playback isn't smooth at all, like a stuttering.
I'm using Xiaomi Mi Box 2nd Gen with Android TV 11 (Google TV if this is matter).
But in my old Xiaomi Mi Box 4S (Android TV 9) there is no playback issues at all. Everything works fine.
There is a connection between the playback issue to the android versions?
I've been already tried to enable\disable Hardware acceleration, it didn't work.
there is any sotution?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-04

If it is direct playing on the 2nd Gen box, then it is a client issue HWA doesn't come into play. Do you know if it using exo player or libVLC?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-04

How can I tell if this is direct playing?
I tried exo player and libVLC. exo player has the issue I talked about and libVLC stretching the aspect ratio upwords.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-04

(2024-07-04, 08:06 PM)ezrab552 Wrote: How can I tell if this is direct playing?
If you log into the admin dashboard on another device while the video is playing, you can click on the current user's playback info. It will show what's happening with the video.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-04

(2024-07-04, 08:06 PM)ezrab552 Wrote: How can I tell if this is direct playing?
I tried exo player and libVLC. exo player has the issue I talked about and libVLC stretching the aspect ratio upwords.

Thank you.
yes, it is direct play in both Streamers, but only the 2nd Gen Box has this stuttering issue.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-04

Could it be a network issue? Maybe the newer device is in a corner where you got loads of neighbouring wifis, and additionally you're too far away from your 5GHz network and only get 2.4?
You can find out by opening a browser and visiting speedtest.net with it.
The 5GHz/2.4GHz connection can also be seen in the router's interface.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-05

This is not a network problem. I even swapped between the two streamers to confirm this and the result is the same.
I done speedtest and the results is 188.03mbps download and ping 16ms.

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-05

(2024-07-05, 09:47 AM)ezrab552 Wrote: This is not a network problem. I even swapped between the two streamers to confirm this and the result is the same.
I done speedtest and the results is 188.03mbps download and ping 16ms.
This means you openend a browser on both your Android TV boxes, went to speedtest.net on each of them, and got the same value on both?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ezrab552 - 2024-07-05

[/quote]
This means you openend a browser on both your Android TV boxes, went to speedtest.net on each of them, and got the same value on both?
[/quote]

no. I did speedtest only on the xiaomi 2nd gen with the plackback issue, and this streamer located near the router.
The old xiaomi (android tv 9) located far from the router but the playback works fine with it.
I don't know, maybe this is android tv 11\google tv ui fault?

RE: Playback issue on Android TV app - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-05

(2024-07-05, 11:36 AM)ezrab552 Wrote: I don't know, maybe this is android tv 11\google tv ui fault?
This is of course possible but it can't be Android TV 11 alone since this is what I got too on two TVs without issues. To be honest, I've got lots of issues but interrupted films is not one of them. Grinning-face 

Since your other device works it most likely has got to be something on the new device. Maybe there's a background service running that eats up CPU, maybe it's running out of RAM, maybe the system needs an update, or maybe it's even running an update that can't complete for some reason but takes resources away from the Jellyfin client, etc.