Jellyfin Forum
Broken collections and .nfo files - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Broken collections and .nfo files (/t-broken-collections-and-nfo-files)

Broken collections and .nfo files - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-04

I'm starting this thread because so far I had been unable to reproduce or understand why collections are broken in 10.9.7, and additionally I couldn't even see a pattern of what's wrong.
Now I'm a bit further although there's still huge gaps in my tests.

There's at least two main issues:
(1) First, the upgrade from 10.8.13 to 10.9.7 has broken most collections but surprisingly it seems not all.
(2) Second, adding new films to existing collections in 10.9.7.

Everything seems fine if there's only a single version of a film. What I mean is not grouped films or versions but grouped by utilising the file naming scheme. All collections that contain items that had been added this way have not survived the upgrade. If a a film only had one version the upgrade worked mostly but not entirely.

This seems to work all the time:
"film (1900).mkv"

This doesn't seem to work at all:
"film (1900) - 1080p.mkv"
"film (1900) - 2160p.mkv"

Changing the lower-case p to upper-case seems to work but only for newly added (with 10.9.7) films:
"film (1900) - 1080P.mkv"
"film (1900) - 2160P.mkv"

I'm not sure yet about this case because I got different results:
"film (1900) - 1080p.mkv"

Having any other prefix seems to be randomly either working or not working, and this for both main issues (broken due to the upgrade or added manually in 10.9.7).

The .nfo files are now named movie.nfo for items that have changed or renamed in most cases but an additional .nfo file is created with the naming scheme of the previous version whenever there's multiple versions of a film.
"film (1900) - 1080P.mkv"
"film (1900) - 2160P.mkv"
"movie.nfo"
"film (1900) - 1080P.nfo"

Not sure if the latter has something to do with the broken collections, though.

RE: Broken collections and .nfo files - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-04

One more observation I just noticed (I got to do this step-by-step Grinning-face ) is that in 10.8.13 each film was stored with its "- 1080P" prefix. Now they're stored with their "- 2160P" prefix.

I'll have to do some comparisons first but it looks like those are exactly the films for which the second version is missing in the collection.

RE: Broken collections and .nfo files - ThomasPGH - 2024-07-04

(2024-07-04, 09:02 PM)ThomasPGH Wrote: One more observation I just noticed (I got to do this step-by-step Grinning-face ) is that in 10.8.13 each film was stored with its "- 1080P" prefix. Now they're stored with their "- 2160P" prefix.

I'll have to do some comparisons first but it looks like those are exactly the films for which the second version is missing in the collection.
Yes, those are exactly the ones that are broken. These films are stored in the collection.xml file with their " - 1080P" prefix.

Changing the name in collection.xml removes the film from the collection entirely. It then can't be added again, at least I haven't found a way yet. Adding it again manually just does nothing, although the film is added to collection.xml with its " - 2160P" prefix. It does not show up in the collection.