Jellyfin Forum
Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client (/t-playback-issues-on-tcl-roku-tv-jellyfin-client)

Pages: 1 2

Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - Jerrad Bieno - 2024-07-07

I'm having some issues playing certain movies on my jellyfin client on our TCL Roku Tv. The jellyfin app is running version 2.0 build 7, and there are no available updates. Some movies will crash the client immediately upon opening, and others will play for a minute before doing the same. No errors are ever shown and the client crashes back to the TV Os home screen. I don't seem to have these issues using the MacOS client or my google tv client. Is there a way to get logs from the roku app? I couldn't see a way to do it.

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-08

You can try disabling a couple of settings in Roku.

In Jellyfin on the Roku TV.

Settings (*) > Playback > Video Profile Level Support

Set both H.264 and HEVC to disabled if they aren't already. This tells the Roku to not even attempt to direct play videos that it doesn't explicitly support.

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - Jerrad Bieno - 2024-07-08

(2024-07-08, 02:20 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: You can try disabling a couple of settings in Roku.

In Jellyfin on the Roku TV.

Settings (*) > Playback > Video Profile Level Support

Set both H.264 and HEVC to disabled if they aren't already.  This tells the Roku to not even attempt to direct play videos that it doesn't explicitly support.

Thanks, yeah those are already set to disabled.

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-08

You can also try disabling HEVC playback altogether in that same Playback menu. Under compatibility. Not sure if your content is HEVC or not.

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - Jerrad Bieno - 2024-07-09

Yeah I tried that as well. The movies I've hit the problem on do look to be HEVC (at least they had that mentioned in the filename). Going to see if I can find any other HEVC content in my library to see if they all have the same issue. I was watching a non-HEVC movie last night on the roku tv and it worked fine.

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-09

When you watch HEVC content with HEVC disabled on the Roku, does it transcode to H264?

(2024-07-09, 01:48 PM)Jerrad Bieno Wrote: Yeah I tried that as well. The movies I've hit the problem on do look to be HEVC (at least they had that mentioned in the filename). Going to see if I can find any other HEVC content in my library to see if they all have the same issue. I was watching a non-HEVC movie last night on the roku tv and it worked fine.

How do I check that?

RE: Playback issues on TCL Roku Tv Jellyfin Client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-09

If you share your full Jellyfin log via pastebin I can comb through it and find how it was sent to the Roku. I'd just need a movie/show name to help find the right logs.

Censor any domains or public IPs.

Thanks I appreciate your help. I was doing a lot of playing of the problem movie across many devices so cleared out the logs and just reproduced it on the roku tv to hopefully cutdown the log noise, it should have all the setting disabled as you suggested earlier. This is the latest log file, I can upload others if needed there were several created from trying to play the movie once that are all similarly named. The movie was LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring.

https://pastebin.com/82qteNda

This is an ffmpeg log, not the Jellyfin log, but it indicates that transcoding isn't setup properly or otherwise not working.

What are your hardware specs? Looks like you are running Jellyfin natively on Ubuntu 24.04?