Jellyfin Forum
Feature Requests - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-development)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-feature-requests)
+--- Thread: Feature Requests (/t-feature-requests)

Feature Requests - HERIGROSIR - 2024-07-08

after I studied Jellyfin and installed it on Windows, it turned out there were a lot of problems, but they can all be overcome if you are a developer, I will provide a solution to make it easier for you to work on this software, I will use my country's language, Indonesia, because I am not used to typing English, you can translate on Google my input and suggestions

jellyfin should be able to retrieve data from local folders
for actor photos that have been collected with the folder name .actor and match the actor's name and it will appear
on the actor's page

Because Jellyfin can't automatically download actor photos, I can collect photos of the actor
with the help of tinymediamanager software and collected into the .actors folder

[Image: Screenshot_7.png]

jellyfin must be able to provide options (new paths), so we can select the .actors folder in our movie folder as shown in the image below:

paths
- Cache path:
- path metadata:
- .actors folder:

[Image: Screenshot_12.png]

[Image: Screenshot_13.png]

and Jellyfin automatically takes the data contents and enters them into the actor page as below

[Image: Screenshot_14.png]

it's much easier manually just by selecting the .actor folder, it will automatically fill everything in

or you can add the .actor input folder option here:

[Image: Screenshot_15.png]

[Image: Screenshot_16.png]

and select a file in the local .actor folder

we simply select the .actor folder and not the contents of the data file
The way it works is the same as Libery Media input like this, only specifically for folders. actors
actor photo will be displayed in the actor photo column
You can sort by name or not at all, it doesn't matter, the important thing is that the actor photos are uploaded automatically

[Image: Screenshot_17.png]

automatically uploaded here:

That's my input to the developer, to make Jellfin even better, I hope you understand what I mean
I explained the flow in detail, so that developers can see it with the pictures above

Just for your information, collecting actor photos is very easy by using tinymediamanager software like this

[Image: 11.png]

I think this method makes it very easy for developers
Thank You

RE: Feature Requests - paulc - 2024-07-08

For what it is worth, there is an .actors feature request open in Fider, so this isn't the first time .actors location has come up. There is an interest in changing the current behavior. https://features.jellyfin.org/posts/770/local-actors-folder-support-for-thumbnails
Unlike the Fider request, where each folder has an .actor folder, which seems redundant, I too wish we could do something different with .actors

Below content from above, translated.
(2024-07-08, 02:17 AM)HERIGROSIR Wrote: after I studied Jellyfin and installed it on Windows, it turned out there were a lot of problems, but they can all be overcome if you are a developer, I will provide a solution to make it easier for you to work on this software, I will use my country's language, Indonesia, because I am not used to typing English, you can translate on Google my input and suggestions

jellyfin should be able to retrieve data from local folders
for actor photos that have been collected with the folder name .actor and match the actor's name and it will appear
on the actor's page

Because Jellyfin can't automatically download actor photos, I can collect photos of the actor
with the help of tinymediamanager software and collected into the .actors folder

[Image: Screenshot_7.png]

jellyfin must be able to provide options (new paths), so we can select the .actors folder in our movie folder as shown in the image below:

paths
- Cache path:
- path metadata:
- .actors folder:

[Image: Screenshot_13.png]

and Jellyfin automatically takes the data contents and enters them into the actor page as below

it's much easier manually just by selecting the .actor folder, it will automatically fill everything in

or you can add the .actor input folder option here:

[Image: Screenshot_15.png]

[Image: Screenshot_16.png]

and select a file in the local .actor folder

we simply select the .actor folder and not the contents of the data file
The way it works is the same as Libery Media input like this, only specifically for folders. actors
actor photo will be displayed in the actor photo column
You can sort by name or not at all, it doesn't matter, the important thing is that the actor photos are uploaded automatically

[Image: Screenshot_17.png]

automatically uploaded here:

That's my input to the developer, to make Jellfin even better, I hope you understand what I mean
I explained the flow in detail, so that developers can see it with the pictures above

Just for your information, collecting actor photos is very easy by using tinymediamanager software like this

I think this method makes it very easy for developers
Thank You

RE: Feature Requests - HERIGROSIR - 2024-07-12

Thank you for translating my writing. I have analyzed the Jellyfin software. It turns out that the source of the problem why the Jellyfin window can't read actor photos automatically is that the developer didn't provide an option (space) and couldn't read the underline (_) in a file.jpg and couldn't read it. symbol in the file name

1 photo source taken from tinymediamanager
is a .jpg file: test.jpg or test_test.jpg
and jellyfin can't read: test_test.jpg, it can only read: test test.jpg (without underline)
here is the source of the problem,

so the developer must be able to change this
so that it is suitable for names without underscores or with underscores, Jellyfin can read them

The source of the actor photo that we took from tinymediamanager is like this :

[Image: 1a.png]

[Image: a2.png]

Obviously this will not be read by Jellyfin because it does not support underlines

You should first change the underline to a space, before the files and folders are moved to the people folder in metadata

---------------------------------------------------------
how to handle it ??

1. First you have to have tinymediamanger
2. you have to create a file.bat in notepad to execute the file quickly, make the file into a folder, and the finished folder to be moved to the alphabet folder in people metadata
3. I will create 3 commands to make this job easier

- Replace underscores with spaces
- Make file to folder
- Move all folder to alpabet folder

----------------------------------------------------
1.To Replace underscores with spaces the file, you can copypaste the code below and save with the .bat extension

Code:
@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
for %%a in (*_*) do (
  set file=%%a
  ren "!file!" "!file:_= !"
)

Give it a name files  ==REPLACE FILES UNDERSCORE TO SPACES=
put it with file.jpg

2. Make folders from file , quickly use .bat 

Code:
@echo off

for %%i in (*) do (

if not "%%~ni" == "organize" (

md "%%~ni" && move "%%~i" "%%~ni"

)

)

Give it a name files ==MAKE FOLDER=

3. If the folder has been created, you move all the actor folders into the people folder
on your jellyfin metadata, all of it

4. create the final command program, namely
create a .bat file with the code below
The aim is for all folders in People to be included in the folder alphabet automatically

this code 

Code:
@SetLocal EnableExtensions DisableDelayedExpansion
@For /F Delims^=^ EOL^= %%G In ('Dir /B /A ^| "%__AppDir__%findstr.exe" ^
    /I "^[0123456789a-Z]" ^| "%__AppDir__%find.exe" /I /V "%~nx0"') Do @(
    Set "Object=%%G" & SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
    If "%%~aG" GEq "d" (If Not "!Object:~1,1!" == "" "%__AppDir__%Robocopy.exe"^
    "%%~G" "!Object:~,1!\%%G" /E /Move >NUL 2>&1
    ) Else "%__AppDir__%Robocopy.exe" . "!Object:~,1!" "%%G" /Mov >NUL 2>&1
    EndLocal)

Give it a name files  =MOVE FOLDER TO  APHABET=
Place the program =MOVE FOLDER TO APHABET= that you created in the people folder
and double click

Done , you return to your actor's Jellyfin photos, and have to click on each one for the first time.
I don't understand this job, you have to click one by one, this is part of the Jellyfin bug which also needs to be fixed, maybe in the future the developer will fix this

OK, for the first time you have to click one by one
After opening the entire photo, you don't need to do that again

If the photo box is any color other than black, it means the data was not found by tinymediamanager
You can upload it manually or just delete it

if the photo box is black, but when you click on the photo it doesn't appear,
This means you have to look for the name by copypaste
name, in the people folder do a search
and you just need to replace the person's file name with the folder name only

Actually, I have prepared these 3 instructions for you to just download
but the admin here doesn't allow links from outside, 
I don't understand why external links are prohibited, even though it is to make it easier for Jellyfin users themselves

so you have to create the 3 programs yourself, each in Notepad with the .bat extension.

[Image: Screenshot_1.png]

Or if you want to make 2 programs into 1 command, you can copy the code below
change the underscore to a space and create a folder

save with the file name .bat

Code:
@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
for %%a in (*_*) do (
  set file=%%a
  ren "!file!" "!file:_= !"
)

@echo off