Jellyfin Forum
Bulk replace image on cast/crew - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Bulk replace image on cast/crew (/t-bulk-replace-image-on-cast-crew)

Pages: 1 2

Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-08

Seemingly have an issue where a bunch of cast and crew images are blank. Searching on them or replacing image metadata manually comes back with plenty of results. However I don't see a way to do this in bulk. Is there a way I can refresh all metadata on cast and crew?

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - theguymadmax - 2024-07-08

Dashboard -> Scheduled Tasks  - Refresh People

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-08

(2024-07-08, 09:49 PM)theguymadmax Wrote: Dashboard -> Scheduled Tasks  - Refresh People

Thanks, I thought that was what it did, but running that did nothing for me unfortunately.
It seems that I have a bunch of people listed like this:
[Image: image.png]

And I have to manually do this in order to fix:

Editing the images to see what is currently there shows an odd, empty person:

But they all have data as soon as I force a refresh. Just trying to not have to do this manually as tons of people are in this weird error state.

Do you have a metadata downloader enabled in your library?

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-08

(2024-07-08, 10:42 PM)theguymadmax Wrote: Do you have a metadata downloader enabled in your library?

Yup, both. I'd say the majority of people are fine but as I scan around I am finding a few dozen that seem to have been given this blank image as their picture.
If the refresh people would actually delete the images they have assigned I think it would work in bulk.

Do you have NFOs generated by another app? If so check the file and make sure there aren't any url's for people in them. I think I remember reading about some bug regarding that.

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-12

(2024-07-08, 10:48 PM)theguymadmax Wrote: Do you have NFOs generated by another app? If so check the file and make sure there aren't any url's for people in them. I think I remember reading about some bug regarding that.

Negative, I might have had something run a while ago when I first set this up, but there shouldn't be anything other than my movie files in my media folders.

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-15

Is there no global way to replace all existing data? What if I were to remove an item from my library and re-add it, would it have the People data cached?

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-15

The people data would remain if that actor is in another show/movie.

AFAIK, there is no way to globally replace all metadata. Only per library.

RE: Bulk replace image on cast/crew - podonnell - 2024-07-15

(2024-07-15, 02:53 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: The people data would remain if that actor is in another show/movie.

AFAIK, there is no way to globally replace all metadata.  Only per library.

Per library would be just as fine for me since I only have two. Is there a way to purge all within a library?