Jellyfin Forum
"This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku (/t-this-collectionfolder-contains-no-items-on-roku)

Pages: 1 2

"This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - bitmap - 2024-07-09

Roku v2.0.7
Server/Web v10.9.7
Movie library type
Ubuntu server 24.04 LTS
LSIO Docker: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin:latest (pulled 3 days ago)
See sig for server specs

Latest in row on Home page works for this library, I can search and find items in this library, I can even play items in the library, but the tile itself offers the message in the title. Logs have nothing at all -- I tried restarting Jellyfin, the Roku, recreating the issue, only thing present is messages about websockets (info, not errors or warnings). I'm on a business trip, so I'm a little limited on time but can easily try a few things since I've got my tunnel back to home available. 

Is this a known issue?Anybody else seen this happen? Other movie libraries work just fine, in fact this is the only library with problems (perms are correct, this library uses the same storage sources as all other libraries -- three folder sources on multiple drives).

Questions, requests, etc... welcome.

RE: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - bitmap - 2024-07-09

Some images/screenshots for comparison. 

Roku Home

Roku Library

Web Library (Android) 

Android Mobile App Library 

RE: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - theguymadmax - 2024-07-09

In the screenshot, it looks like the # is selected. My guess would be that a filter is applied (titles that start with numbers), which you don't have. If you click on D, is there anything?

RE: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-09

I second @theguymadmax 's assessment of PEBKAC error.

My library doesn't have any Z's and I get the same message when I select that letter.

(2024-07-09, 02:39 AM)theguymadmax Wrote: In the screenshot, it looks like the # is selected. My guess would be that a filter is applied (titles that start with numbers), which you don't have. If you click on D, is there anything?

Nothing is selected. Because there are no items, that's the only place for the cursor to land. Changing to any letter yields the same message.

RE: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-09

When I get home I will spin up a LSIO container and see if this is some weird bug with the LSIO image. It wouldn't be the first time LSIO's image had strange bugs that don't exist in the official image/package install.

@TheDreadPirate they just put out a new build today that I'm not running yet. If it matters (and isn't obvious) this is a movie library for anime one-shots, OAVs with one episode (because of how they're classified by metadata providers), and legit anime movies. Should all be titled in English.

I don't know when this issue appeared unfortunately as I've been moving, primarily use WebOS on my LG C1 or Android Mobile, and haven't used my Roku Ultra in a long while. I'll get the model of my travel Roku as well for completeness' sake.

Do you happen to know the specific LSIO build you are using? So I can make sure I use that.

For the record, I have a Roku 4800X. If you haven't used your Roku in a long time, make sure everything is up to date. I only use my Roku for testing so it also stays off for long periods of time. I've noticed that is doesn't enthusiastically retrieve updates on its own. Both for apps and OS updates.

Are you on this build?

linuxserver/jellyfin:10.9.7ubu2204-ls20

https://hub.docker.com/layers/linuxserver/jellyfin/10.9.7ubu2204-ls20/images/sha256-8e4cf7dccca127f5dcd74a3ca30c504f3c71ed2ca45665c477ab5bf6dc11d94f?context=explore

RE: "This CollectionFolder contains no items" on Roku - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-10

I wasn't not able to replicate with the latest LSIO build (LS21) or LS20 (the one I'm assuming you are running based on pull date).

What version of Roku OS is your Ultra running? My 4802X Ultra is running 13.0.0 build 24056-C2.