Jellyfin Forum
TV Show Theme Music - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: TV Show Theme Music (/t-tv-show-theme-music)

TV Show Theme Music - junadlao - 2024-07-15

Hi! I have Jellyfin clients for iOS, iPadOS, Android, Desktop (Windows & Linux) and even the Web Client. I know that the TV Theme Music for shows work on those and I have theme music for all my shows. But when I use the Android TV client app for the Chromecast with Google TV 4K, the interface seems to be outdated but everything seems to work. Well, everything, except the TV Show theme music. Obviously, I scoured through all the settings and I could not find a way to turn it on.

So I'm asking if it is working for others and there's just maybe something wrong with my setup? If not, I'll ask later for a feature addition. Thanks!

RE: TV Show Theme Music - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-15

I believe all clients where the Theme Music works are based on the web client, which is why it works for all those clients. But the Android TV app is a native app. AFAIK, that plugin doesn't work for Android TV.

RE: TV Show Theme Music - junadlao - 2024-07-16

Tnx for the info... Doing a search of Android TV in this forum, I see a lot of missing features including not having "admin" functions that's otherwise available in the "Android" client. Know any plans/projects on simply replacing this app with an app that would be based on the web client (like most other clients as you mentioned)?

RE: TV Show Theme Music - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-16

(2024-07-16, 01:38 AM)junadlao Wrote: Tnx for the info... Doing a search of Android TV in this forum, I see a lot of missing features including not having "admin" functions that's otherwise available in the "Android" client. Know any plans/projects on simply replacing this app with an app that would be based on the web client (like most other clients as you mentioned)?
There's most likely no plans to do this.

The Android TV is specially designed to be used on a TV, so it has it's own UI.
Unless they come out saying otherwise, the devs are not going to focus a lot on adding admin functionality for a TV app. That's just an uncomfortable client type to manage a server.

Jellyfin server management is mainly to be done on a web browser.
The reason you can manage the server on the Android phone app is because it's using a web wrapper for the Jellyfin Web UI and is "not custom built" for a phone like the Android TV app is built for a TV.

(2024-07-16, 02:48 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: There's most likely no plans to do this.

The Android TV is specially designed to be used on a TV, so it has it's own UI.
Unless they come out saying otherwise, the devs are not going to focus a lot on adding admin functionality for a TV app. That's just an uncomfortable client type to manage a server.

Jellyfin server management is mainly to be done on a web browser.
The reason you can manage the server on the Android phone app is because it's using a web wrapper for the Jellyfin Web UI and is "not custom built" for a phone like the Android TV app is built for a TV.

Yes, you're right about the admin functionality.

Going back to my original topic, though... would you agree that adding the Theme Music functionality would be a reasonable request to add as a feature since it works in almost every other client?

RE: TV Show Theme Music - theguymadmax - 2024-07-16

(2024-07-16, 04:16 AM)junadlao Wrote: Going back to my original topic, though... would you agree that adding the Theme Music functionality would be a reasonable request to add as a feature since it works in almost every other client?
It's already a feature request. And is possibly planned for a future release according to the dev.

Great! Tnx!

RE: TV Show Theme Music - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-07-16

(2024-07-16, 04:16 AM)junadlao Wrote: Going back to my original topic, though... would you agree that adding the Theme Music functionality would be a reasonable request to add as a feature since it works in almost every other client?
Yeah, that would be nice. As @theguymadmax points out, we'll just have to wait for it to get added to the ATV app.